Thursday 25 August 2011

Five weeks + 5

Well the high point of my day yesterday was being unable to remove the childproof lid off a bottle of bleach, at that point you know you are in trouble. Yesterday was a very long day, as I was awake at 5 o'clock, blame Cyril, the name for my stoma (thanks Karen), I had a trip out in the afternoon to the orthodontists with Will. I have assured Carla that it is the last chauffeuring that she will have to do, which she said was tempting fate, I will probably break my leg now or something equally as stupid. Then, once Neil was home we all went to Merry Hill, to eat and to buy shoes, trousers, school bags, pens etc you know the drill. We eventually got home at 9.30, now for me that was a very long and busy day, on top of all my exciting housework, and moving the little freezer (part of the utility project).

I was at the Wetherspoons in Merry Hill, sitting at a table with Xander, as Neil and Will had gone to order the food, when I noticed a ladybird, just sauntering casually across his cheek. On any other child this would have been odd, but Xander spent days of his early years wandering around Stourton (the riding school where I used to work) with a pet ant or something similar. So Xander promptly named the ladybird Bob (he apologised in case he was a she) and we spent the rest of our time and meal watching him (or her) walk round and round in circles on his coat, that was placed carefully behind Xander on the back of his seat. Bearing in mind that Neil and Will had no idea about the ladybird, we were actually nearly at the end of our meals before Neil said "what do you two keep looking at?" The options are 1 - Neil isn't really very observant. 2 - He was really hungry and just didn't look up. or 3 - (my personal favourite) Xanders and my behaviour is so off the wall most of the time that constantly glancing behind us to look at his coat, just didn't register as odd behaviour at all. Well Xander and I left Neil and Will in Wetherspoons (Will is a slow eater at the best of times, but a new wire in his brace makes his teeth ache so it takes even longer, we should have ordered him soup), anyway we lost Bob somewhere outside the Disney shop so I hope he enjoyed the experience.

On to the utility project, before we can do anything we need to clear it all out, which is tricky as the washing machine is in there, there's a tumble drier too but it doesn't work properly, unless you want your clothes setting alight it's best left alone. So I need to find a temporary new home for the washing machine. Now I used to have a dishwasher in the kitchen but now I have a little freezer, it doesn't wash the dishes very well but once we stopped putting them in there and filled it with food (see I do think I'm funny) it worked much better. Now little freezers don't need a water supply so I thought I could move it to somewhere where I could just plug it in and the washing machine could go in it's place. So yesterday I rearranged the extension end of the kitchen and made space for the little freezer, getting Will and Xander to move it before anyone cries "it's not 6 weeks yet". Now the rearranged extension looks quite nice, so I think that once the "utility project" is completed and the little freezer goes back I will have a nice extra bit of space in the kitchen. Brilliant,  choice is do I fill it with another piece of furniture, or an american style fridge freezer. Neil is groaning already, you can probably hear him!

I was thinking of being really naughty and driving to the woods today, it's not very far and I really miss my walks there with Ned (yes I was planning on taking the dog). It is only 2 days until I can officially drive, and it's driving me nuts that I can't! I am getting responsibility for Malarky back on Saturday, giving me extra help for a few days with wheelbarrow emptying, it has to be pushed up a ramp so it's the only thing I'm going to have a problem with. I just would like my life to go back to normal (I know I can hear the laughter, since when was my life normal), going to see Malarky and trips to the wood with Ned would really help with that, so it would seem a natural progression in my recovery. Does that sound convincing or can I just break the rules and drive anyway? I'm not sure, we will have to see how daring I feel this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment