Thursday 18 August 2011

Four weeks + 5

Well today is the day of our trip, I didn't sleep very well, could be nerves or excitement, and all that positive thinking really did not work as I have a cold but still I'm up, which is a start. I still haven't finished packing I can't decide exactly what to take, Neil is like "I just need some jeans and a couple of t-shirts", why don't men agonise over what to take away with them, do they have a nerve missing or something. Anyway at the moment I'm trying to eat my breakfast and Neil is buzzing about in the kitchen, he's already printed off a map of our route, and told me how we are getting there and why we are not taking a particular route around Shrewsbury. Oh and where do I want to go this afternoon, back into Shrewsbury or Oswestry as where we are staying is 12 miles from everywhere so it doesn't really matter. Did I say I was going away for some peace and quiet? Maybe I didn't, that would be my mistake, I love my husband dearly but not first thing in the morning when I'm not awake and we are going on a trip!

OK I've just had a very emotional and excited sister on the phone as her eldest son (Nathan) gets he A level results today, now I can't tell you what they are, no it's not a sworn to secrecy thing I really can't tell you and neither can he, but his first choice of University (Coventry) has texted him congratulations on getting in, I had no idea that they actually didn't have to get out of bed to find out. This is another tool I can use on my eldest (Will) to persuade him to actually do A levels, and go to Uni!

Well I should go and get ready, I know it's short and sweet today but I am actually getting out so I think that's a good reason, there will be no blog tomorrow, again for the same reason, but, I'm betting Saturdays will be a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment