Monday 8 August 2011

Three weeks + 2

I had a great time at the horse show, Carla (sister) managed to park so we could see both the jumping and show rings without even getting out of the car, that's definitely taking it easy. I had a burger in a bun for lunch (traditional local show grub and very tasty), and a couple of my friends came to chat with me. Brilliant.

Then I went home, and got into the grumpiest mood ever, I can't even tell you why, nobody was being bad but they were all annoying the heck out of me, not a foot could be put right and I just got grumpier and grumpier. I have times like this, I don't know why and I can't stop it, everyone just seems to put up with me until bedtime and hope it's gone in the morning. I guess that's me having a stroppy day, or it's a reaction to something nice happening that reminds me of all the things I can't do yet, a real low after a buzz. Who knows, but my annoyance is real, and they do stupid things, and say all the wrong things, but even I can see at the time I'm being a bit unreasonable but I don't, or can't stop. 

So I went to bed in a bad mood and woke up with a headache, serves me right I suppose. I'm off to visit the nurse again this morning, although it's not operation related, my depo (contraceptive injection) was due last Friday and she wouldn't give it to me early (because of my op) so we agreed I'd come in today, she is still going to clear it with one of the doctors, why? I can't see what the problem is, if I'd had it just before my op there'd be nothing they could do about it. It's not even like I'm fit enough to have rampant sex right now, it's a choice thing, I've been on this for ten years now and I haven't had a period in all that time and I like that and don't want to start again now! Thank you very much. I know selfish, but like I said it's a matter of choice, it's my body and I've had little enough control over it the past few weeks, so I'll damn well control this part of it!

Plus I have a letter to take with me, now see if you can follow this. After my operation my platelet count was high, this sometimes happens after operations and I was told to take an aspirin a day and get my blood tested at a later date to see if it had gone down. So I get sent a letter from my doctor asking me to make an appointment to see him to arrange a blood test. I can hear you thinking this is all perfectly reasonable, and so it is. Except, they don't do blood tests at the doctors, they give you a form for a blood test that you take to the hospital to get one done there. So my doctor at the hospital wants me to get a blood test, and writes as much to my doctor at my surgery, who writes to me to make an appointment to see him, so he can fill out a form to give to me so I can go to the hospital to get a blood test. Can you now see there are a few steps that really do not need to be in this process, so I'll take the letter with me to the nurse and see if I can miss out a step!

Anyway it's coming up to 9.30 in the morning, I'm the only person up so far (you can't count hubby Neil he left at 6.20 to go to work, that was practically yesterday!), I'm enjoying the peace and quiet so I'll not wake them yet, anyway Will (the eldest) was probably up until 5 chatting to some mate of his on skype or xbox or something so he's not going to surface for hours. Anyway I've decided not to hassle my kids this holiday about getting up, I can sort out their routine in the last week of the hols to get them back onto something like school time. I figure they've been through enough with worrying about me, and they still are, especially Will, who has taken all of my op and everything really hard. So I'll let them be kids and sleep all morning if that's what they want, and bring strict Mom back in a few weeks time.

Maxines 5th lesson - Try not to get stressed about stupid little things, the big things are tiring enough, without you doing that!



No comments:

Post a Comment