Tuesday 16 August 2011

Four weeks + 3

Well I slept better last night, it's sad but it may have had something to do with my Kindle battery being flat, and the charging cable not being very long, still these things happen. Yesterday turned out to be quite a good day, which is always a worry for me, Mondays are like dress rehearsals if they go well Tuesdays are generally completely down the pan. I will not be influenced by this though, and am remaining optimistic that Tuesdays have the ability to be good too, but I have children so there is no guarantee of anything. I walked Ned round the village with Neil last night, it's my first time doing that, it's back to his baby steps to recovery, every step you take towards normality is a good step, no matter how small. (That's not a lesson, just obvious).

I was thinking about cleaning the windows today, a little sad but my window cleaner came round yesterday so I know the outsides are clean and it's bugging me that I can't see through them. I don't think cleaning windows is on the list of things not to be done till after 6 weeks so I may give it a go. At least I don't have to do the back windows, my neighbour is building an extension, which is a pretty dusty dirty job, and I'm not bothering to get the back windows cleaned until it's finished, which saves me money with the window cleaner and cleaning time myself. If my blog gets completely full of sad housework things will somebody throw something at me please!

I am really looking forward to going away, I feel a bit like a little kid, should I pack today, what should I take? Should I take make up, I haven't worn make up for months, I'm sure I have some somewhere, it feels like I should at least make a slight effort to look like a girl. Oh and Neil wants to know what we are going to do while we are away, so now I need to plan an itinerary, I was hoping to just go with on the spur of the moment kind of ideas. What was I thinking, this is Neil, of course we will have a plan! So I need somewhere to visit on Thursday afternoon, and somewhere for Friday, when we have a whole day to fill. All of this baring in mind I need to rest for a couple of hours after 20 minutes exertion, so this could be interesting to plan, I mean are there beds/settees randomly planted around the Shropshire countryside? Well I will have a look on the internet today and see what I can find out (places to go, I'm not holding out much hope on the bed front).

I was informed by Will yesterday that there was a major lack of snacks in the house, which would of course be the main food group for him and Ben when they stay here while we are away. So somehow I have got to pop to the shop today or tomorrow and rectify this shocking situation. This is where I go to grumpy mode, as I would normally just pop to Morrisons (no loyalty it's just close) and buy some stuff. Only I can't drive, won't be ably to for a couple more weeks, still the fact it is making me grumpy is a really good sign, instead of being worried about having to travel in a car, which was where I was not that long ago. This is all healthy in my recovery, but doesn't solve the international snack crisis that is brewing in the house. If I order more than £25 worth of snacks from ASDA they will delivery them to me, but not sure of they will do it before we go away, and 15 year olds can't sign for groceries, this particular problem may take a little more solving than I first thought!

Oh I bought some shoes yesterday, ones that look right with leggings, actually that is a false statement, I liked them and thought stuff it they are comfy and I don't care if they look right with leggings or not, But, if you see Neil, I needed shoes that looked right with leggings, it's an important part of my recovery, aren't shoes always an important part of recovery? Maybe not, but it does give me a bit of a boost to have new stuff, as it does for all women I should think, and if I feel a little nicer in my new clothes and shoes then that is definitely helping me to feel better overall, and what price can you put on that? Do not refer that question to Neil!

I had a blood test at the doctors yesterday, results back in just a couple of days, say the phlebotomy nurse (l really like the word, but it lulls you into thinking they do something nice). That just may be my last visit to the doctors in a while, what will I do with myself, and what will Carla do on Mondays now that she doesn't have to take me there? Mind you next week Will has an orthodontists appointment, so it gives us all a trip out on Wednesday, but at least it's not to the doctors! I find not being able to drive so frustrating, I am so used to just getting in the car and going where I please. It's bad enough when I have to manage without a car, but at least then once Neil gets home I can always pop out in his. Still, less than 2 weeks to go, I just thought you may not realise why, but after any kind of stomach surgery (caesarians count) your insurance will be invalid if you have an accident before your 6 weeks is up, it's something to do with not being able to do emergency stops, again something you really need your stomach muscles for. Although apparently the rules can vary with different insurance companies, the 6 weeks is pretty standard. The other things I'm not supposed to do, including carrying heavy things and exercising are purely for my health, no insurance companies involved there.


No comments:

Post a Comment