Wednesday 10 August 2011

Three weeks + 4

You will be glad to know that yesterday I took it nice and easy, I did hang my new curtains in the bedroom, but they were a doddle. You know they had eyelet things so you just thread them over the pole, no messing about with silly bits of string. I think they look great, Neil doesn't really care, because they are curtains! It was a lot easier, in the long run, than trying to get the boys to do it, although Xander was a spectator which I'm guessing is help of sorts.

Wills mate Ben came round in the afternoon bringing a lovely note from his Mum asking if Will wanted to go away with them for a week, she's also been reading my blog, so I know I have an audience! How weird, yet cool. Anyway I really should send her a message to say thank you and chat about him going, he really wants to, who wouldn't, I would rather be by the seaside myself right now. Talking about trips away, we still haven't picked anywhere, Neil says I'm being too fussy, but seriously it's taken 22 years for him to take me away for the weekend, I may never get another chance, so I figure this one has to be right. OK I may be being a little fussy, I should just stick a pin in the map and go for it, or I could spend hours trawling through internet pages of hotel details, I wonder which way that will go?

My friend (Caroline) was coming round for a chat, so I got the boys to buy a cake, as it seemed the right thing to do. Do you know the bakery in my village doesn't sell cakes! Not really sure what to do with that, I mean of course they sell cakes, individual ones and nice tarts and things, but not even a Victoria sponge, apparently you have to order a cake in advance if you want one! Luckily the Co-op opposite sells cakes, they bought a simple coffee cake (for me) and an incredibly nice and naughty chocolate one, which Caroline said was very nice (she makes a very gorgeous chocolate cake herself, but I was cheating), so who needs bakeries?

Anyway we chatted for about three hours about everything you could think of, especially horses, she's recently had a new youngster who looks gorgeous, so I can't wait to go and see him. We talked about friends and children and dogs and everything else until we just ran out of afternoon, absolutely brilliant, and just what the doctor ordered, and if we gossiped, just a tiny little bit, well that stays between us and the settee. :-)

Then I had my second trip to the surgery in two days to see the doctor about the blood test, I was really fed up about it, but the doctor was kind of cute and very charming so it didn't turn out too badly. Plus it turns out they do take blood at the surgery, so I went to book myself into a blood clinic. "How about tomorrow at 9:40?" OK now if I really want to annoy Carla I could get her to take me to the doctors for the third day in a row, but, as I really DO NOT want to annoy her as she's my only transport and looking after my horse right now I said, "Could we not" and explained to the receptionist. "Oh dear no, then how about next Monday?" perfect, whew! Much better all round as I am getting fed up of the doctors being my most frequented place at the moment!

I have absolutely nothing planned for today, Neil is very pleased about that. So I guess I have a hotel to find, the trouble is I know what I want, but it's not really in our budget (story of Neils life!). I want a beautiful hotel in the country set in glorious grounds, a gorgeous double room with a view, fabulous food, in a tranquil setting but near enough to somewhere of interest, that we've never been to before, so we can visit. His budget is just not going to cover that kind of place, he says I love you, just not that much! Damn, so I keep looking for a compromise, there has to be one, I'll let you know how my search goes.

No lessons today. That's a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment