Friday 12 August 2011

Three weeks + 6

Well I'm nearly at the four week mark, I have to admit this last week has been very up and down, I've had some fun and enjoyed a lot of it,  but I am facing the reality that I'm just not healing as fast as I did after my first operation in 2009. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, and maybe it's obvious that two major stomach operations in a week is going to take some getting over. I am tired a lot of the time and if I do too much I find myself in real pain, this is not how I remember it and not how I want to feel, and sets me off on grumpy/stroppy mode. This all makes me really fun to live with, don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for all the boys I live with!

Enough of the grumping here's some good news, Neil and I are booked into the Burlton Inn, Shropshire for a two night break next week, Thursday and Friday night. It's a small country pub with accommodation, and a Michelin recommended eatery, the menu looks amazing and it won't be too far a trip for me to make. Funnily, despite being fairly close, it's not an area of the country we've explored so it should be a fun and peaceful two days. We have sorted out the boys, who cannot be left alone together for both their own and the streets safety, by doing a child swap with a friend of Wills. Seriously it should work, Wills mate Ben will come here for two days, I referred to them as the Odd Couple, it's a really old tv program (and a film) but it made Bens Mum laugh. Anyway the swap part is that Xander is going to stay at Bens house for the duration! Bens sister is the same age as Xander, and they have a couple of really friendly staffies for Xander to roll around with. It means nobody is too far away from their home or an adult! Very well sorted I think! We will have to wait and see, but it should work out, I really should see if I can find an episode of the Odd Couple to show the boys, it's probably lost something over time but my head says it should be funny. OK I've just spent 15 mins totally distracted by Odd Couple hits on You Tube, back to the serious issue of blogging!

I got a letter in the post today, actually a reminder, that I haven't paid the hospital bill for my CT scan, well I do apologise, but I didn't think I had to! That's another phone call I have to make, along with the one to postpone my follow up appointment, it makes sense so I can just look forward to my couple of days away with Neil and deal with the real life stuff when we get back. Real life stuff can be so draining can't it. Although when I tried to move it yesterday I was told there were no available appointment until March next year, not really a follow up then is it, we'll have all forgotten what it's about by then!

So on with the unreal side to my life, I'm off shopping with Neil this afternoon, I know here I go again with my exciting life. He thinks we should just go to Asda instead of Lidls and Asda, well I think that's too major a decision to be taken so lightly and that a referendum, or at least a poll should be instigated first!OK I know I need to get out more, Asda it is. Maybe I can get him to take me to the Wolverhampton one, they have clothes there, although that's probably why he goes to Brierley Hill, because they don't, much safer on his wallet! It does mean that I really do need to write a shopping list, something that, with all the excitement yesterday, I just didn't get around to doing, I'll get Xander to help me, that will probably mean more cakes and puddings, but we can filter them out at the shopping stage.

I was going to give you another one of my lessons, but, because it's Friday I think it will keep for now, Friday is when you look back at your week, think about all that went right, or wrong. Compare the number of laughs to tears, hugs to shoves and calculate the amount of alcohol you are consuming to celebrate or forget the week. Because on Friday that line about tomorrow being another day really does seem appropriate! Enjoy your celebrating/forgetting and I'll be back tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment