Sunday 28 August 2011

Six weeks + 1

I actually drove to my horse yesterday, OK Neil skipped out the field, but that's not the point. I drove and I fed him and I groomed him a little, then gave up as he's totally brown, and supposed to be white. It was so nice just to be there, feeling like a horse owner again, still I can't thank Carla enough for looking after him, never mind being my chauffeur, she's been brilliant. So I drove there and back to Neil commenting on how aggressively I drive my car, well it's mine, anyway I think aggression is in the eye of the passenger seat person, as I don't think I do, but that he does. That is one of those things that can never be solved. I'm looking forward to spending a couple of days with Xander this week, I think we should go somewhere nice, even if it's just for a picnic, knowing that Will is living it up in Woolacombe I think I can spoil Xander just a bit.

As for Will, he is safely away with his friend, he didn't take his guitar, which he's been practising a lot over the hols (he only started playing at the beginning of August and he already sounds musical), I have promised him some proper lessons when he starts back to school. He did, however, take my laptop (after removing the flower stickers). To give you some idea how he and his friends work, he and another of his mates both took laptops to Bens house, then they sat there all playing the same game with each other on the laptops in the same room, communicating both in the real and the cyber world. Me personally I do not get it, but then I was confused when the first Lego game came out, where you build stuff and have an adventure on the screen with virtual Lego, not on your floor with actually Lego, too strange!

I have offered to cook Neil an English breakfast so I better not be on here too long (it is a bank holiday weekend, any excuse for a treat), we picked up some beer sausages at Lidls this week, they sound too nice for a sandwich so I thought I'd spoil the two men I have left. I am off for my first visit today , if you don't count Shropshire, we are popping to see Neils Mom, after her fall last weekend I think she's feeling a bit low and could do with a cheering up visit. I've put the little cross stitch in a frame for her, and our smiley faces will have to do the rest. I think I'll let Neil drive there and back as it's a lot further than the woods or the field, I will be building up my driving distances during the week to get me ready for next week when I'm on my own.

I was a good girl this morning, did some gentle stomach exercises, I do wonder how much workable stomach muscles I actually have left, but it's worth a go. I wonder if I should go swimming or something it would probably help, mind you once I'm back at Uni, which will only be in a couple of weeks, I don't think I'll have the time. Walking the dog, and skipping out the field will have to be my workout of choice, mind you not having English breakfasts might help my waistline too, still you only live once. Right I'm off to the kitchen, I'll let you know if the sausages are any good or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment