Monday 15 August 2011

Four weeks + 2

Well I had the worst nights sleep last night, actually that's a contradiction as not sleeping was what went on in my bed! To be fair the night before wasn't much better, it's like my stomach is all niggly and uncomfortable, just enough to keep me awake, but not painful enough for me to take painkillers. I'm wondering if it's actually a good sign, or at least with my glass half full mentality that's how I'm taking it. My body is trying to fix itself, it's like itching on the inside because it's mending. If this is the case then I'm very pleased, I would like some sleep though so if we could do a bit more in the daytime and leave me in peace at night I'd appreciate it. 

I had a great day yesterday, I ironed (no that wasn't why), and pottered about the house, watched a bit of TV, just little things here and there, all nice and relaxed. Then I went to the woods, (I said woods, not dogs!), although my dog was involved. We put Ned in the car and went to Highgate Common, it's a great place with woods, and a common and even a disabled path that you can take pushchairs on, it's where I love to take Ned all the time, when I am well. Anyway we all went, I only intended to walk a little way and then go back to the car, but it was so nice to be out, and as a family, so I wandered along for about 15 mins, had a good long rest on a bench (they have lots of them all dedicated to dead people, OK that doesn't sound as nice as it is), then walked the 15 mins back to the car. It wasn't a long walk for Ned by any means, but it certainly was for me, it was so relaxing and peaceful though, a great way to finish the afternoon. After that we came home and I cooked the dinner, like a normal Mom, these are the moments I will hang on to when I'm having a bad day, one of my grumpy/stroppy ones.

I have a fun day planned for everyone today, no I don't I'm joking I'm going to the doctors for a blood test at lunchtime, I'm hoping that I'll get to go and see Malarky afterwards, maybe see if I can skip out a little. In a couple of weeks I'll be driving and taking back responsibility for my own horse, I owe Carla such a lot for looking after him, and being my taxi service, actually I really do owe Carla some money too, do not let me forget that! It looks like it just might be a nice day weather wise, and with rain forecast for during the night, following my selected pattern. I do like it when a plan comes together. As for the rest of the week, well I have my trip away to look forward to, two days of doing nothing, just eating, sleeping and enjoying the surrounding countryside. I wonder what that will be like, as someone used to caravanning there is no real sitting around doing nothing, I can't wait, just hope it doesn't spoil me for caravanning in the future! 

I think I have my timetable sorted out for going back to Uni in September, I'll be in Wednesdays 11 till 1 o'clock for one of my year long modules, and Tuesday evening 5 till 7 o'clock for a normal module. I know that doesn't sound enough and it's not, my other year long is my Independent Study (dissertation) and has no timetable, and the other short module for semester 1 is my History in the Community one which is when you volunteer in a local school, something I've already established for myself and again not really timetabled. It does make it look a little thin on the ground but maybe that's not a bad thing as I probably won't be back to full fitness for a few months and it makes my life a little easier. This last year of Uni is really important to me, I can't mess up my assignments this year, as I need to get good grades to get the degree classification I want to do the teaching qualification after. Apart from that I have something to prove to myself, that I was right to start all this in the first place, and that I can overcome any obstacle, physical and personal to do that. Tough talk, from a tough cookie! 




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blogs ... They're brilliant ... Are you aware this is free inspirational therapy you are writing for others ... Mrs Tough Cookie? I used to be a crumbled cookie ... I'm now a nutty cookie getting tougher ... Day by day ... lots of love :) x

    ReplyDelete