Monday 3 October 2011

Eleven weeks + 2

As you may have gathered we all survived our trip out, whether there was any therapeutic value in taking a family trip out remains to be seen, but nobody actually fell out with anyone yesterday, so it didn't hurt. Witley Court was brilliant, we can't have been for about 18 years (it was painful just working that out), the house and gardens were taken over by English Heritage in 1996 and they've restored the fountain and some of the flower beds. There are also some woodland walks and things so there's plenty to see, but the fountain is the best bit. I think they turn it on every hour, it takes a bit of time to get to full flow but it is well worth the wait, and the whole place is well worth a visit. It cost us £16.40 for a family ticket, so that's not too bad at all. I know I sound like an advert, but I enjoyed it that much I don't mind.

As for the caravan, well that was not as successful, it looked all right at first glance, but I found damp all round the kitchen window, and the man trying to sell it, well his story just didn't add up, anyway it's worth a little time even if it just rules it out. We still don't really know exactly what we want to buy, just lots of wishes, still we're not in any hurry and I'm sure the right van with fall into our laps at some point. We had a small bit of excitement yesterday as it was clear there was a major fire in Kidderminster, which we sort of skirted round to get to Witley, we saw a fire engine and two fire freelanders,  (I have no clue, they were Landrover freelanders  with flashing lights) heading from Worcester towards Kidderminster. When we got home and I checked the news there had been a major fire and a couple of shops had burnt down, very quickly apparently but luckily no one was hurt. It all seemed a bit busy for what should have been a nice lazy Sunday. 

Today is (according to the weathermen) the last day of our mini heatwave, I have enjoyed it immensely and have dried so many loads of washing outside (I know sad), I will be back to having my washing dripping on airers all around the house by the end of the week. Oh well the rain will be good for Malarky, well not him but at least his grass might grow a little more. I am having a trip out today to go and visit an old friend, she's not old the friendship is, I am being naughty and going via the chip shop, (I'm pretty sure the calories from chips don't count if you eat them outside) I'm going to her field in her lunch break, so I have to get my food shopping done this morning. Wish me luck with that, my Monday mornings never go the way I plan them, what is it they say, "God laughs when people make plans", something like that anyway, it certainly works that way with me.

I should go, I haven't heard Will moving yet and he needs to be out of the house in 20 minutes or he'll be late for school, as for Xander, oh yes he's up and playing some strange game on the other computer. Will somebody remind me to get some earphones for him so I don't have to listen to the strange music on his game, it's very distracting! 

Here's hoping everybody has a good start to their week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment