Thursday 20 October 2011

Thirteen weeks + 5

Well Xander and I are at it again and have started the day by falling out with each other, when will I learn? I've put him on a permanent ban (from using electrical devices) until I see a real change in attitude, and considering the fall out was all about the computer it seems like the right thing to do. Will somebody please tell me if at some point in the future we will just all get on with each other and not fall out at all. Though right now that seems like a very far fetched and fanciful idea indeed. I managed to get around my falling out with Neil over my outfit by ordering it from Next,  (so I don't have to pay for it yet) mind you I've replaced it with a cut and colour at the hairdressers, which may be just as pricey! The joys of married life.

We went to the open evening at King Eds in Stourbridge last night, Will really liked the look of the Biology A level they do there as it's split into 2 separate ones, Biology and Human Biology, he doesn't really like all the human stuff. We get a break I think for a couple of weeks until the next round of open evenings, and I for one am glad about that, it already seems a little overwhelming, and I'm just the parent, I can't imagine how Will must feel. Mind you knowing him it will all be water off a ducks back and he's given it no more thought at all. I have my speed dating parents evening this evening, I've always had my suspicions as Will makes all the appointments and I think only gets them with teachers he knows will give favourable reviews. Mind you his friends Mum says her son gets her appointments with every single teacher he has, even PE (which they do but it's not a GCSE), so I'm not sure which one of us has the better deal. So I have 5 appointments, although it's 8 subjects, doesn't that sound silly. His English teacher is also his BTEC Media teacher and you only get one ten minute appointment with a science teacher despite the fact it's 3 separate subjects. I also have an appointment with Miss Wilson, which Will said was silly as I'm spending the morning with her, but as I pointed out, funnily enough, we don't spend our entire time together discussing him. Actually I try very hard not to, I like to keep him separate from my volunteering there, although he does pop into the conversations occasionally.

What do I have on today, apart from Summerhill this morning and speed dating parents evening this evening? Well I will have to squeeze in a trip to Malarky and taking Ned to the woods somewhere into today, although I'm  beginning to think it may be a bit of a tight squeeze. Will says he'll come to the woods with me, so that's an after school thing and if I have to be at school for my first appointment at 6 o'clock I will have to fit in cooking the dinner into that window as well. The joys of having a busy life, I could do with a holiday already and we are only a few weeks into the term. I'm off now to find myself another cup of coffee, it's going to be one of those sort of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment