Sunday 16 October 2011

Thirteen weeks + 1

OK so there was more than enough food for last night and my major success of the evening, could it have been the smoked ham and brie frittata, or the exotic potatoes wrapped in parma ham? No it was frankies in blankies, yes you heard it right, mini hot dogs wrapped in slices of crustless bread lightly toasted under a grill. It was the easiest and the cheapest of all the dishes I made, I should have known. Next time I do anything like this will someone please tell me not to try too hard, OK I know I won't listen but you could always give it a go. Apart from the food, I think the whole evening was pretty successful, especially at the beginning when everyone was playing on the Xbox Kinect, it still amazes me that you are the controller, and it sure saves on batteries.

So today I have finally turned the central heating on, I've been resisting it but couldn't cope with watching Xander shivering under a blanket on the settee any longer. I guess it's not too bad when it's the middle of October, but I would have liked to have kept it off just a little while longer. Talking of heating and plumbing (I know it's a stretch), Neil is in the middle of plumbing in the utility sink, this involves a lot of copper pipe and apparently my whole kitchen as a work room, still it will be so nice to have the sink plumbed in. Actually it's fast becoming a necessity as I nearly poured an abandoned cup of tea down it in the week, which would have seen me cleaning out my new cupboard pretty fast. It's funny because there hasn't been a sink in there for years and it was never in the position that my new sink is, just goes to show that automatic pilot has a lot to answer to.

Another good thing about having a bit of a do is that I did loads of housework yesterday and, apart from having a huge pile of washing up, I have relatively little that I need to do today, well I do have a huge pile of ironing, but that's not the same as housework, that's laundry, a whole different area, and one where you are never really finished. Mind you I do have to finish my work for Neil at some point today, it has been quite nice using my brain in a constructive way, and in a way that earns me some money, how much is yet to be determined (money not brain use). Anyway I'm going to go and climb under Xanders blanket for a while until the house warms up, before I begin not doing my housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment