Sunday 30 October 2011

Fifteen weeks + 1

I need everyone to be just a little bit quieter this morning, no sympathy required but I was up until the small hours drinking with Neils mate John and his wife Sharon, so I have a real humdinger of a hangover. I did , however, really enjoy myself last night, and Cyril was on his best behaviour and didn't spoil my evening at all. The food was really nice and the hotel itself very nice indeed, the only problem was that the evening might have started at 7:30 but we didn't eat till much later than that, it just pushed everything back time wise, which is why at 3 this morning I thought it was only just past 12. I have to admit I was quite confused when I woke up this morning and my phone said it was 9:15 and I wasn't sure if that meant it was actually 8:15 or that my phone was set to change the time automatically, we had only until 10 to get down for breakfast so we went then just in case. The lovely English breakfast they gave us did help to soak up some of the alcohol, but I haven't been drinking till that late in a really long time, so I'm not sure when I'll actually feel better, Neil says Tuesday so I've a while to wait.

The people never contacted us about going to see their caravan, which is a little rude, but probably not a bad thing. It does now mean that I can use my money to go and buy a working tumble drier (without flames). The caravan purchase isn't as desperate as my need for a tumble drier, and to be fair we wouldn't go away until spring next year even if we had a van now, so we have time to sit and wait for the right one to turn up. We found a really unusual layout yesterday, and I really liked it but it's one of those 25 foot caravans that means we have to demolish the wall to even get it on the drive, something that Neil thinks is a step too far. 

Well I'm on my 17th cup of coffee (that may be a light exaggeration) and I'm still wearing somebody elses head, so I think I'll go and lie down for a while and see if it improves any. I'll be back here tomorrow, hopefully sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment