Thursday 6 October 2011

Eleven weeks + 5

I thought that I should confess - I cheat at crosswords, I mean not by looking up the answers in the back of puzzle books, that would be too easy no, if I can't finish a crossword properly I will just put any old word in that happens to fit the letters, just so the crossword looks finished. I'm not sure what this says about me, but I was doing crosswords this morning at 4.30 (yes I was awake again at a stupid time) when it occurred to me that not only do I cheat that way, I do it without thinking. Maybe I should stick to cross references, when putting in words that just fit, is the aim of the puzzle. Wow I feel so much better for getting that off my chest!

Oh I fell up the stairs last night, no that's not true, my slippers made a blatant attempt on my life. I was on my way to bed, when I put a foot on the next step (not a very well placed foot), and I slipped out of my slipper (I guess that's the reason for the name) and fell and landed quite awkwardly onto my right hand, hurting my wrist. Luckily for me my wrist seems all right this morning although there is a lump and a bruise it all seems to be working OK. I commented to Neil on the safety issues regarding wearing slippers and decided that if you live in a bungalow flippy floppy ones are OK but people with stairs should have more secure footwear for in the house, when he mentioned his dressing gown. The boys bought it for him for Christmas, it's a Jedi robe, you know like Obi Wan wears, brown, long and with the emblem and everything. Again it's a stair issue, it's so long that he kept tripping up when he came up the stairs so he tends not to wear it. So my concern is why do all these seemingly harmless, relaxing around the house items of clothing and footwear, actually appear to be part of a master plan to kill us, or make us all live in bungalows?

So this evening we are off to Summerhill for their open evening, I know I go there quite enough at the moment, but this is different. It's an open evening for prospective year 7s for next year, Xander of course is one of these. I'm quite excited really, which is a bit silly, going to see the school properly again, even though I go twice a week, I'm quite confined to Miss Wilsons classroom so it will be nice to have a thorough look at the place. Will will be working this evening as well, as a senior student I'm assuming he has herding duties, and may be there until 10 tonight. Still he doesn't have to go in until 10.45 on Friday. So my plan for the day is Summerhill this morning, then home for lunch, off to do Malarky, then back to pick up Will and Ned and go to the woods. Back to cook the tea and make sure the boys have showers (they might as well both be looking their best), then back to Summerhill for the evening, and at some point picking up Will. OK even for me that seems like a slightly busy day, I wonder where it will go wrong? That's not me being pessimistic, you know how things spin out of control so easily in my day, I'm just being prepared.

I'd better get ahead of myself now then, hadn't I.

No comments:

Post a Comment