Tuesday 25 October 2011

Fourteen weeks + 3

Guess who was up at 5:30 this morning, I'm thinking that wasn't a tricky question to answer. It could be because Neil is back at work today, and I wanted to enjoy the peace and quiet of the morning without him, but it's more likely that I had too much going on in my head and just couldn't go back to sleep. Hey dinner went really well last night, but it was a little later than I hoped, I put a panhaggerty topping (layers of sliced potato, onion and grated cheese) on top of a cottage pie base, it was really tasty. There was also enough left for Neil to take to work for lunch, so that's something warm and home cooked for him, instead of boring sandwiches. I told him I was going to miss him not being around today and he just laughed and said that my blog would be full of "thank goodness he's gone back to work statements", it's not true, although he is right that I'll be glad to get back to my own routine today. Actually I'm going to have my hair done this afternoon, hopefully in time to pop to the field and still get to Uni for my lecture. This means I have to go food shopping this morning, and I'm supposed to take the dog to the woods on a Tuesday, hmm I'm not sure that I have time for all of that. I'm thinking that timetables are for term time and have to give a bit when the kids are on holidays, or if I'm going to the hairdressers. 

The job Neil found to do yesterday was a little disruptive, especially when you know that we were having guests coming to dinner. He decided to take up the living room carpet, and a couple of the floor boards and put the cables for his surround sound system under the floor. Now this involves somebody actually going under the floor (there is a crawl space, although you wouldn't catch me in it), and that somebody turned out to be Xander. He refused at first when Neil asked, but once Neil had gone under the floor, curiosity got the better of Xander. So the next time I came into the room there was Neil above ground and no sign of Xander, until I listened and realised he was under the floor with a torch humming the theme tune to Indiana Jones, well it will give him something to write about when he gets back to school. I'm betting his "what I did in the holiday" report will raise a few eyebrows. I said it was almost Dickensian sending him under the floor, Neil just thought it all the more funny, apparently he quite liked it under there. Well each to his own. The living room was all righted in time for my Dad and Jills arrival last night, so everything turned out OK, oh except the cable box doesn't work any more, well that can't be a coincidence, Neil thinks he tugged it a little hard as he was putting that under the floor as well, so that's an effective way of limiting the kids TV viewing, by pulling the cable out of the wall. I'm guessing it's me that is going to have to ring the cable company and get them out, but I'm pretty sure they are going to charge us for the privilege when they find out why it doesn't work!

So if it's only 7.15 now can I write a shopping list and go shopping and get back before my boys wake up? It is something to consider, although it does depend what time that Lidl opens, I mean I like the shop but even I think it's a bit much to be sitting outside it waiting for it to open on a damp Tuesday morning. I could, of course, take the dog to the woods instead, but as he's asleep too, and it's actually still dark outside, and again a damp Tuesday morning, maybe not. Like I said something will just have to give today, and I'm guessing it's the woods. Well I'll get on with that shopping list and see what I can do about it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment