Friday 28 October 2011

Fourteen weeks + 6

You won't believe this but I was asleep until 8 o'clock this morning, wow, trouble is this is an oddball for me now rather than the norm. Mind you it really looks like October out there today, which is another comfort, all grey and misty. I've always liked this time of year, the colours of the trees, the misty mornings, the central heating, all comfy and cosy, mind you this time of year when you are at Uni also means your first essay is probably due in as well so that's something I'm not too keen on, and once you get the first one in the others usually come thick and fast. At least my finance has finally been sorted out and Student Finance England sent me a text message yesterday to say my money was going in to my bank account today, I'm amazed, I didn't know they had my mobile number, it's the first thing they've managed to do that's impressed me. I want to use the money to go Christmas shopping and to buy myself a tumble drier that isn't a fire risk, but Neil wants me to hold fire (excuse the pun) as he wants to look at a caravan that's for sale locally. I know it seems an odd thing to do with your student loan, but last year I bought double glazed windows with it, so it doesn't seem odd at all, I treat it more like wages that mean I can contribute something towards the house, even if it's a part payment for a caravan.

I may be tempting fate by typing this, but this thing I'm doing with Xander definitely seems to be improving his behaviour, he's still winding Will up but that's pretty normal brotherly behaviour, at least he and I aren't constantly falling out with each other. If you measure it in strops, he hasn't stropped off upstairs once in the past two days, so that's practically a miracle. I never had to do anything like this with Will, it just goes to show you that you don't get two the same, and I certainly didn't. Mind you it was Wills turn to make me laugh yesterday, he was sat in the dining room doing a physics paper (revision for looming mock exams), when I heard him laughing out loud, now they've either changed physics a lot since I was at school or there was something else going on, well yes there was Xander was watching Dodgeball (movie) in the living room, well that's not how I envisaged Wills physics revision taking place. I had made him do it in the dining room as his biology paper that he'd done the other day was done whilst he was talking on skype to a friend of his. I really don't think he's taking his revision seriously enough, although the sciences are his best subjects so maybe he's just relaxed about them. Time will tell on that one too, I don't want to be one of those Moms that makes his life a misery whilst he's revising, but I would like to see him doing some revision that didn't involve a movie or a computer, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

I had a great lunch with Carla yesterday, although we were unnerved by the change in the Eating Place (Harvester) itself, we used to eat there quite regularly knew some of the waitresses and certainly were familiar with the menu. Not any more, not only have they changed the layout and the décor, they've changed all the staff and the menu too. We're typical of most people, we don't like change, and were so relieved to see a familiar face when our food arrived, so at least some things were the same. Even the salad cart had loads of new things, including some crunchy topping things that I thought looked cheesy so I grabbed a pile, turned out they were spicy and not my cup of tea at all, shouldn't these sort of dangerous substances be labelled? Still we had a great time catching up, although we ate far too much (including sharing a pudding) we're thinking we won't be able to do it again until Christmas so it doesn't really matter. 

Well what do I have on for today, I have to admit I'm fighting the urge to go to Merry Hill and spend some of my student money, just a tiny little bit, maybe on a bag for going out tomorrow night. Neil was teasing me yesterday about this free night out we were having that's cost us the best part of £200 so far, well I needed an outfit, and it's not like I'll never wear it again, and a bag would be nice, and maybe a bracelet too. He was laughing when he was saying it, maybe I could just pop to Matalan in Kidderminster instead, I could pick up what I want there and not be too tempted like I would be at Merry Hill, I could maybe treat the boys to a McDonalds too whilst I was there. OK I can see Neils point, maybe I'd be better off, and so would my finances, if I just stayed home and did the housework, but, today should be Fun Time Friday and there's no fun in that at all. I'll have another coffee I think before I decide exactly what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment