Wednesday 26 October 2011

Fourteen weeks + 4

Well isn't this a lovely looking morning, but I'm thinking that it's probably a lot colder than it looks. Still I can't hide away from the weather today as I've got Uni and I have to do Malarky too. I also have to remember to drop off Neils dressing gown at Lauras house, she's wearing it to a Halloween Party on Saturday night. That's not quite as crazy as it first sounds as she's going as a Jedi Knight and his dressing gown is a copy of one of their robes, with the emblem and everything, it's actually the one he doesn't wear because it trips him up a lot. Talking of parties Neil and I are going to his bosses (Frank) 70th birthday party on Saturday, and we are staying overnight in the hotel that it's at, it's amazing we never stay away from home and now we'll have done it twice this year. We are still deciding whether it's a good idea to leave the boys at home together or not, it's all very dependent on Xanders behaviour over the next few days. Although based on his behaviour yesterday, it won't be an issue, nor for me either as I'll be in prison for murder. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong with him, one day we're fine the next it's like a tragedy, I guess I just have to grin and bear it and hope it's a phase he's going to grow out of.

Xander was quite funny yesterday, when he wasn't being naughty, I wanted to know what he thought of my new hairstyle, and the colour I chose. I got a " the colour, I guess it's OK, I suppose" and a "your hair, I don't know really" and finally a "well it's not terrible", so after being totally overwhelmed by his compliments I decided not to ask any of the others. I mean if it's a Xander thing, then it doesn't matter, if it's a male thing, then I'm screwed as I'm surrounded by the damn things. Not that I don't love my boys and my husband I do, it's just that sometimes there are just too many of them. When it comes to group decisions I am always the odd one out, movies - well they are always action, food - well it will be pizza, shopping - no sorry Mom you're on your own there. Still if I want something heavy carrying I guess they come in handy.

I am actually quite excited about Saturday, I bought myself a new outfit, including some boots, nothing too fancy but pretty, so I asked Neil this morning what he was planning to wear. All I got was a shrug, and an I don't know, I think he'd like a new outfit too, but didn't want to say, talk about leaving it to the last minute. Clothes just don't come very high up on the importance list for the men in my house which is why I always end up doing last minute clothes shopping trips if we are going anywhere. Even in the summer and going on holiday, I always ask if there's anything that they need well before we go away, they either don't really listen to me (which is a real possibility) or they are just trying to drive me nuts, they are all "no we're fine". Then the week before we go I suddenly get requests from all of them for various items of clothing and footwear, how can they all have clothing emergencies just before a holiday, it's not normal! 

Anyway I should better get on with my day, it's going to be busy again for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment