Saturday 8 October 2011

Twelve weeks later

I seem to be waking up at 4.30 more mornings than not at the moment, so I guess it's no longer an oddity but actually my normal time to wake, it doesn't really cause too much of a problem , apart from the fact that I fall asleep on the settee in the evening, whilst my kids are still up! So what does a person do at 4.30 in the morning, well I can't speak for everyone else, but me I do puzzles, or read until 5.30 when Neils alarm goes off, then I get him to make me a cup of coffee, I'm not completely stupid. Then I wait until he's gone to work to get up and come downstairs, at this point it's after 6.30 so another cup of coffee and some breakfast and I'm ready to write my blog, which sometimes takes longer than you think. By the time you've thrown in feeding the cats, putting on a load of washing and having another cup of coffee, it's easily time to get the boys up and start the day for real, except not today, I don't think they'd appreciate me waking them up at 7.30 on a Saturday morning, do you?

I'm not that sure that I'm looking forward to Xander waking up this morning, as we had a bit of a thing with him yesterday, not a falling out thing, but an injury thing. He came home from school holding his arm in a strange position and saying that he'd hurt his hand, he'd banged it on a metal fence. He allowed me to examine him and yes his hand was swollen, and looked bruised already, but it didn't explain why he was holding it as if his wrist was broken. I decided, despite the fact that he couldn't move some of his fingers because of the pain, it was probably just bruised and needed an ice pack (this is where things started to go wrong). He got upset and said he wouldn't be able to do anything, not even watch TV, (wait for it) because it was the hand he holds the controller in. Then he started wailing that he wouldn't be able to eat anything, again because it was his right hand, and he couldn't eat with his left. This went on, and on for a while, Will got fed up and said his hand was no worse than his was when he was stung by a bee (he gets his tact and diplomacy skills from me), I tried to persuade Xander that his hand wasn't broken, and that I'd cook him something he could eat with his fingers, and we settled him in front of the TV (on, and on his channel), then Neil and I went to B&Q (I will return to this later). We got back to find out I'd missed a call from my Dad, so I returned it, to be told by Jill that Xander had informed them, he couldn't use his arm at all, because it was so badly injured, it was obviously a serious spreading injury. Will told Xander he was being babyish (he was having to do Xanders chores), and us that we were pandering to him, Xander told Will he was an idiot, and Neil sort of agreed with him, and Will stormed off upstairs in a huff (typical mealtime). Eventually everyone sat down to dinner, but in a really bad mood. I promised Xander that Will would write his maths homework as long as he did the sums, and that I would type up his literacy homework on the computer and let the school know on Monday, and it would all be OK. I had decided not being able to do his homework was his biggest concern, I was wrong, he was most concerned at not being able to use the mouse so he couldn't go on the computer. At this point I asked Neil if we could take Xander to the local A&E department, but Neil thought it was pointless as neither of us really thought it was broken, so I said, "no I don't want to go with him, can't we just take him there and leave him for them to deal with", I'd had enough I'm afraid. Anyway, I told Xander that his hand would probably be loads better this morning, I really hope it is, otherwise I am going to have to take him to the A&E department just to make sure, and grovel a lot if it is really broken!(which I'm sure it's not)

So back to the B&Q story.
I have, in my car, a sink and all it's attachments, a base unit with some doors, a piece of breakfast bar and some fixings. Oh and some paint! It seems really possible that I could soon have a sink in my utility, we won't be able to use it as there's no plumbing for it yet, but lets gloss over those minor details. I wanted a sink in the utility and I very nearly have one. The utility project is far from completion, but I am happy to say it is at least on the downhill stretch, it has at times been painful (choosing the breakfast bar was one of those times), but will be well worth it in the end. Now I'm going to go back to looking at caravans for sale on the internet (housework avoidance) until I have the energy to actually fetch some of the stuff out of my car, which may help to speed up the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment