Tuesday 4 October 2011

Eleven weeks + 3

Well I've been awake since 4 o'clock, that's not a good start for a Tuesday, when I have a lecture in the evening. Still I could just lean on the desk and snooze whilst he is lecturing, I'm sure it's been done before, actually I think I've done it before. Yesterday was quite a good day really, I wrote a shopping list and went shopping in the morning, so my fridge is full to overflowing right now, and no not with wine! Then I went and collected chips from the chip shop and went to visit my friend Lo, what this meant was sitting in her field eating chips in the sunshine and talking about everything and nothing until I realised my bum had gone numb. It's not a bad way to spend a couple of hours (apart from the numbness). Then I was back home to collect Will and take him with me to do Malarky, I've discovered that it's the best way to find out how his day has been, trapped in a field with me (or up the woods) I get to hear a lot more than if he was at home and distracted by all that electrical equipment. It doesn't work quite as well with Xander as when he comes to the field he sits and talks to Malarky rather than me, but one out of two's not bad. Then I came home and cooked a healthy chilli for Neil (he's on a diet now), he says the trouble with healthy chillis is that they're all heat and no richness, well that would be all the vegetables in them, although I forgot to add the beans, so I'm not sure it really was a chilli, just don't tell him. Then after dinner Neil took Will to Merry Hill (he had baby sitting money burning a hole in his pocket), and Xander and I walked the dog. Phew quite a full day really.

Today I need to get some housework done, I know I mention it all the time, but seriously I don't do any of it I just talk about having to do it. It is a well known fact that I will do anything to get out of doing my housework, what do you think Ned and Malarky are for? Seriously though I need to straighten the place up a bit, if only to prove that I can keep all these balls in the air at once, you know Uni, children, house, Summerhill, horse, dog, husband, all the usual suspects (they're not in order of preference). Never mind that I now have a utility to decorate, although I disagree with Neil, I think he needs to put all the plumbing in for the new sink before I decorate the room, but that just sounds like paint avoidance even to me. The tiled floor looks really great, although I've discovered it's a bit slippy, and the room is very echoey  now, I guess I need a rug or something, which seems a shame when the floor looks so nice. So this morning (following my timetable) I will be taking Ned to the woods, then I've discovered it works best if I have dinner at lunchtime, so I'm not too hungry by the time I finish my lecture, I do hope it's more interesting than last week otherwise I really will fall asleep, I'm not joking.

I just thought I'd mention that I have an MRI scan of my liver booked for next Monday, remember I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about so we will try and forget that it's looming, if that's OK with everyone. I still have to remember to go for my cancer screening blood test, then maybe at my next consultants appointment he will actually be able to tell me something, instead of me sitting around for hours for no apparent reason. As I said in my blog the other day the cancer stuff really is in the background at the moment, my life is far too full with all the other stuff, including my housework, for it to really be part of my day. So what else have I got on, well I forgot to write up my log for my Summerhill placement, which means I have to remember what happened in the lessons last week, OK it was a Thursday morning, and there were children and some history stuff, OK this may be harder than I thought. Note to self - write up your placement log as soon as you get home in future, silly! If I could remember which eras in history they were all doing it would help, I think there was William the Conqueror in a cotton mill with the IRA, does that sound right to you? Sound more like a game of Cludo to me.

Right I'm going to go and forage for some breakfast, and wake the boys up, maybe I feel a bacon sandwich calling, trouble is I'll have to make one for all of us now, oh well you can't beat a bacon sandwich to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment