Sunday 9 October 2011

Twelve weeks + 1

Apparently I'm allowed a lie in on a Sunday, and didn't wake up until 5.30, trouble is Neil doesn't have to get up on a Sunday so I had to make my own cup of coffee. Still it is nice and peaceful in my house when nobody else is up, so maybe I should just enjoy the time to myself and possibly go back to bed when everyone else actually gets up. Oh, you will be glad to hear that Xanders hand is much improved, he was still carrying it round like it belonged to somebody else but the swelling has gone down a lot and he can move his fingers just a little bit more. It was a relief because I've already done 2 trips to A&E with Xander and really didn't fancy a third. The first one was when he was 4 and Will side swiped him in a tackle in the garden and he tore a ligament in his knee, so that was an interesting time for us. The second was when he swallowed a 5p and said it was stuck in his throat, trust me it's not really little kids that swallow things, he was about 6 at the time! Still it's good to know he's on the mend.

I am now the proud owner of a cupboard, well a base unit and a piece of breakfast bar, in my utility. I could tell you there's a sink in there as well, because there is, but at the moment it's just placed upside down on top of the cupboard, still it's a very impressive start, for just one afternoons work. I painted the walls, well 2 of them then went out and left Neil to do the construction. I'm hoping he actually gets to cut the hole for the sink today so I can see what it will really look like. Is it so sad to be excited about getting a sink in my utility, actually getting a utility that looks like a utility rather than a reject bathroom. I guess not.

Here's an odd one for you, who has a firework display at 3 o'clock in the afternoon in October? No really, Will and I were at my field yesterday, just skipping out and chatting (Will says I chat too much and don't skip out fast enough), when I saw what looked like a fire at the cricket club. The farm where I keep Malarky is right next door to Himley Cricket Club. Anyway then I realised it was actually a firework, well I wondered if it was kids messing about, but no, we were treated to several others, including some with quite loud bangs. I can tell you that horses watch fireworks, some of them just eat their food and ignore them (Malarky), others charge around their fields as if their tails are on fire, but some just watch. Still I don't see the logic in fireworks at that time of day, OK yesterday was dull, but you wouldn't be able to see them properly! Of course we are heading into firework season, and I'm sure that they won't be the last, just hopefully the last in the daylight.

I am now starting to feel a little nervous about my MRI scan tomorrow, I've never had one before, and they have to inject some sort of contrast dye into me first, I'm used to CT scans of my intestines, then you have to drink lots of stuff that tastes horrid, so I'm hoping this is easier. I do have a slight fear, silly I know, but 2 out of the 3 times that I've been for a CT scan I've been rushed in for major surgery afterwards, so note to self, wear nice knickers tomorrow, just in case.

Well it's now 7.30 and if this were anybody normal they wouldn't even be awake on a Sunday morning, never mind having been up for 2 hours. So I'm going to start rattling around in the kitchen, see if I can't wake somebody else up, just to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment