Monday 21 November 2011

Eighteen weeks + 2

Well Cyril has been at it again and I've been up 4 times in the night, he's worse than a baby. It's made for a grumpy Maxine and one that doesn't really want to go out today, but as we know I'm against being controlled by him so I will go to Worcester shopping, whether I want to or not. I really do hope the doctor can be more helpful tomorrow, or I'm just going to put myself on an exclusion diet and eat nothing but rice and water for weeks on end, just to settle everything down. Luckily for me Neil is is here and has got the boys up and ready for school, not that they don't do everything for themselves, Xander was even up at just after 6, I know I met him on the landing. I sometimes think they don't really need me that much at all, then I look at the washing machine and realise that yes they probably do. Plus we know how badly they eat when I'm not around, so at least I'm good for something.

So we are shopping in Worcester today, we haven't done that for over 10 years, what with Merry Hill being 10 minutes away, why would you? It should be a fun day (we'll ignore Cyril) as long as we don't kill each other before we even get out of the house, which believe me is always an option. You can't be a woman living with 3 boys (yes I have included Neil in that count) and there not be some friction from time to time, like the idea of getting rid of the dining room table and replacing it with a pool table, or that we should have Indian food for Christmas dinner, I just have to stand my ground and hope for some sense of sanity to return. The plan for the day is to get to Worcester at about 10:30 giving us a couple of hours shopping before and after lunch, then home again before it's dark so that I can get up to the field and do Malarky. Mind you there is something very Christmassy about shopping in the dark, still that will have to wait for another day, as I am pretty sure we won't get it all done today.

That is pretty much my whole day, I don't think I've got time for food shopping today, so that will have to wait until tomorrow, and of course tomorrow I do have the doctors. It's going to be an interesting couple of days I should think. Mind you first I have to survive the having Neil at home, or is it the other way around?

No comments:

Post a Comment