Thursday 24 November 2011

Eighteen weeks + 5

I know that sleeping through the night and waking up at 5 o'clock may not be everyones idea of a good nights sleep, but believe me, it will have to do. I am so fed up of not getting a good nights sleep that a vaguely good one will fit the bill very nicely thank you. Neil has gone back to work today so at least my days can return to somewhere near normal, I do like having him here but I don't get anything done at all when he's around, except some Christmas shopping, at least we have made a bit of a dent in that. Which isn't too bad when you think that we still have a month left, I will probably do most of the rest of it on the internet, I know it's lazy but it does save having to deal with the crowds.

Today I have Summerhill this morning, I always enjoy my mornings there and spend my week looking forward to it, I must not though neglect my studies as without them my application to do a PGCE will be worthless. I still have to write my personal statement, and I really do not know where to start. I could say I'll knuckle down and do it this weekend but I've managed to fill up my weekend with a trip to my Moms to go to a party, whilst my Step Dad comes here and goes to a beer festival with Neil. I'm not quite sure how we've managed it, but it should be a nice weekend for all of us. Will is probably babysitting both Friday and Saturday night, so when I get home on Sunday he's going to want to be taken to Merry Hill to spend his earnings, so that will be pretty much the whole weekend with no time for my statement at all. I must get it done though as it's the last part of my application. I like the fact that Will gets to earn a little money for himself but I do wish he'd stop buying things off his Christmas wish list with it, as it's getting smaller by the week.

Oh Neils car business did not go too well at all yesterday, and he was a very grumpy bunny indeed. What he will do now, I'm not sure but he was looking at cars on the internet last night so that may give you a clue. I think he deserves a new car, but as he can't find anything that he really likes I'm guessing that the process is going to be a lot more painful than I think (especially for me). I was the opposite, I knew exactly what car I wanted I just had to wait for one to come up at the right price. Then again I don't mind so much about, 0-60 and fuel economy, otherwise my slow diesel guzzling tank wouldn't be on the drive. I did have an entertaining moment though yesterday when Neil proved to me yet again that he's left and right dyslexic, if you can be such a thing. We were winding our way through the streets of Sedgley trying to go and pick up his car from a garage in Bilston, when he said "should I go right here", and I of course said "yes", at which point he indicated and turned left, leaving me looking at him very strangely and him stuck in a line of traffic. When I commented on it, he replied "you told me to come this way". Well there are only so many times a person can blink before pointing out the inaccuracies of that statement. Then he came back with a "you know I always mix them up, you knew what I meant really". Again with the blinking, what am I supposed to do with that I wonder. I will put it down as one of his cute idiosyncrasies, and leave it at that. 

So I don't have to take Ned to the woods today as we went yesterday, that leaves my afternoon free apart from doing Malarky, so that will be an afternoon spent catching up on all the housework I haven't done because Neil kept taking me shopping (I know I'm such a moan merchant). Right time for breakfast I think, with just a hint of caffeine on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment