Monday 14 November 2011

Seventeen weeks + 2

OK my first assignment of my third year is all done and printed and just waiting for me to hand it in, I don't know whether it's any good or not, I never do, but I've proof read it and at least it doesn't seem to be complete waffle. There is nothing more that I can do so I will just hand it in and hope for the best. I am going in to Larkshill to work this morning so will be dropping my essay off on the way in (not that it's on the way). I asked Neil what was the best way to get to Birmingham from Wolverhampton, and he said well if you were anyone else I'd suggest the M6 but seeing as it's you I'd use the Birmingham New Road. He knows me I have an almost irrational fear of motorways, well that's not true, I think it's perfectly rational, and I like motorways when they are empty, but since when does the M6 ever manage that. Actually it stems from a pile up that Neil and I were involved in about 10 years ago, we weren't hit but we were a little bit too close to the action, so no, I've seen what a jack knifing lorry can do to stationary lines of traffic, so no I don't like motorways. It's one of the reasons I like to go to the caravan site in Aberystwyth, as there are no motorways to get there (actually there is a short bit on the M54, but I ignore that part).

Anyway, yesterday was fun, Neil took me to the new Tesco Extra at Burnt Tree Island (not that it's an island any more), we just went out of curiosity, well I won't be going back any time too soon, it's laid out all oddly and it just didn't feel right.  The Tesco is impressive but there are these travelator things from the car park to the store, and if you start with a hand basket and decide you need a trolley, you have to go all the way back down to get one. I much prefer the ASDA Wall Mart at Great Bridge. OK this is a slightly sad conversation, but that's what we did yesterday.

We had a real adventure last night, Xander had gone to bed and it was about 9:30 Will had just had a shower when he came downstairs to say that Xander was stuck in his bedroom (only in this house), Basically the handle on his door had broken in a way that meant no matter how much you turned it the catch wouldn't open. It does have to be mentioned that Will knew that Xander was stuck when he went for a shower but made the decision to wait until after it to let us know (there is Will logic in there somewhere but I have no clue). By the time we got upstairs Xander was quite distressed which upset me. Any way the first thing you have to understand is that solid wood doors don't kick in as easily as the doors do on TV, and Neil is a big strong bloke but no amount of shoving and kicking was going to budge this door. I then pointed out the screwdriver and hammer on the landing windowsill to see if this sped the process up any. So Neil started removing the actual door handle and then chiselling away at the wood to get to the catch inside the door. Will kept getting in his light, I kept getting upset and telling Xander to move away from the door, in hindsight it was quite funny. Will offered to climb out onto the extension from our room to Xanders to join him in his room, which I pointed out meant 2 trapped sons not 1. But eventually Neil saved the day and Xander was rescued, very much to my relief. I now need new doors upstairs, as you can't just change one, and I think nice lightweight kick-able in doors would be a good idea. Although you do have to wonder about the chances of that actually happening again, then you remember it's us and think it's perfectly possible.

So I'm hoping today will be quieter, but with it being us, you just never know.

1 comment:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete