Friday 25 November 2011

Eighteen weeks + 6

So another week draws to a close, do I have anything insightful to say about that, no, except it's going too fast. I'm not sure if it's an age thing, or an I have assignments due in in a couple of weeks, maybe it's that Christmas is lurking just around the corner, or I'm simply just hurtling towards my 42nd birthday (the week before Christmas). All I do know it that it only seems like yesterday that it was last week, and I don't know where all of this week went to. I always seem to have so much to do, complain that I never get any of it done, and yet I am tired because I've been busy all day, something just isn't right. Well I have 3 weeks to do my assignments, and 4 to get everything sorted for Christmas. I also have 2 weeks to do Wills first application for a Sixth form, and I really should complete my application to do a PGCE course ASAP. Maybe my problem is all of the deadlines, if I didn't have them would the time move more slowly, well I'm guessing that is something I won't find out for some time.

So on to today, it is Fun Time Friday again and the fun part of my day is bound to be my afternoon at Summerhill with the year 10's, they really are a smashing group. I made the comment to Miss Wilson last week that I am getting quite attached to them, I wonder if that's a normal thing for a teacher. Anyway this morning my idea of fun is having my wall cavities insulated. I know, I'm a thrill a minute kind of a gal! It is one of those government funded schemes but the fund is coming to an end so they are trying to get as many people to do it before it ends as possible, mainly by offering a huge discount, in our case they are charging us £50, which isn't too bad at all. We opted not to have the loft done at this time, purely because it would take too long to shift all the crap we've got up there, I'm assuming that hundreds of old computer components (yes my loft is full of those) must have some insulating properties at least. Apart from that I have the morning free (albeit trapped in my house waiting for the insulating people) I could start one of my assignments, that would be productive, or do some housework, which would be a good idea as I have house guests this weekend and won't be here for part of it. Trouble is neither of those things are really in keeping with the Fun Time Friday theme. I know I'll trawl the internet all morning looking for suitable Christmas presents for everyone and buying nothing, now that sound like a lot more fun.

I do have to get the place a little bit straight though, as my Step Dad (Keith) is staying on Saturday night, and then my Dad is coming up and staying on Sunday night, and I am away myself for some of the weekend, so it does seem like a good idea to do a little bit of housework. My Dad is coming up to deliver Christmas presents as he and my Step Mom are going away for Christmas and have to be ahead of the game. That would be OK if either of them were one of the two people that we've actually got all done for Christmas, but they're not, so they will have to make do with 1/2 a present each and get the rest when they come back off their hols. We have arranged this week for all of Neils family to come on Boxing Day this year, it's something that we've never done before so that will either be a really good day, or simply stressful, who knows, but they do say you should try new things. This also means that I'll be spending most of Christmas Day and Boxing Day preparing food, but that should be fun. Oh I've just thought I could start planning that too, now that could be a fun way to spend my morning.

Right what I need now is lots of coffee and some breakfast, that will at least set me up for the day, whatever I end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment