Thursday 3 November 2011

Fifteen weeks + 5

I am running around like a lunatic this morning, trying to meet myself coming back before I can even start my day. It's just gone 8 o'clock and I've been up for just under an hour, put on a load of washing, put away the washing up from last night and put on a lamb stew (into the slow cooker), I have run a bath for myself but the hot water has run out so I thought I'd come and write my blog whilst it heats back up. I don't think anyone used up all the hot water this morning I just ran my bath too early for the hot water system to be able to cope. I will be going to Summerhill for my morning in school, then dashing home to let the dog in and out, or not if I don't have time, whizzing by to feed Malarky and check that he has 4 legs still, then driving in to Birmingham to do some more work for Neil. Apparently they want me to do some work on a spreadsheet, some data entry or something. Sounds OK to me, in my time, before I had a family and became a riding instructor, I worked, mainly in offices being a credit controller, an accounts clerk, a marketing assistant, a data entry clerk and an all around office dogsbody. My office experience is extensive, if a little out of date, for example my last office job was 1995, everything is just a little bit more technological now. Although we all know that technology is not my strong point, and to prove that I can tell you that during the Summer I was in the office when Will came in and I asked him to close the window for me, and he came over to the computer and took hold of the mouse, no Will I meant an actual window, but you do see what my boys think of my computer skills, and they're not far off.

Of course my kids have no real concept of what I did before they came along, or if I even did anything, no I've just checked with Xander and he has no clue what I did before I worked at Stourton, which he knows I started when he was 3, he looks really puzzled. I've also checked with Will and he has no clue that I had any kind of a life before I had him, I wonder if this is something that I should remedy or just leave them to it. I am really looking forward to today, it will be great to be back in the classroom again with Miss Wilson, it felt really odd having a week off when I still had to go to Uni, but I'm guessing the teachers need it as much as the children want it. I'm about half way through my official volunteering for the module at Uni, but I don't want to give up my time there and will try to continue with it for as long as Miss Wilson is prepared to put up with me.

I may be working at Larkshill for the next few days, so I've warned the boys that they will have to be a little bit more independent, I know they don't really need me that much but it's a pretence that we all keep up, I think to make me feel more wanted, rather than them more cared for. Anyway I had better get on with it, I hope the water is hot again now, otherwise I will have to have a shower instead, and I don't want to feel that awake yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment