Saturday 12 November 2011

Seventeen weeks later

It is a beautiful looking morning this morning, making a really nice change from the last two wet and murky ones that we've had. Lets hope it's a signal to us having a really nice weekend. Will has already started his as he's babysitting for the whole day, started at 7:45 this morning, which trust me is amazing as he rarely sees the am side of the day on a Saturday. Pretty sure he's going to be really tired tonight, mind you me too, as I had to be up to make sure that he was, and I'd had one of those awake from 3 till 5:30 kind of nights so the last thing I really wanted to do was to be up at 7:30 this morning myself. Still I'm thinking that if we need to both Will and I can have a kip somewhere in the middle of the day. Once I've done some more work on my essay that is, it's coming along now, at about 1200 words it's half done, and I have plenty more to put in it. It does help that it's an interesting subject, funny though when one of the kids in the year 10 lesson yesterday asked what my essay was on, and I said, President Lincoln and when and why he issued the Emancipation Proclamation, you've never seen a kid go so quiet so fast.

I've got all day today and tomorrow to work on it if I want, and I can finish it off on Monday so I'm not feeling the pressure, no really I'm not kidding, I'm so sure I can do this. It's funny because it was teaching the lesson on Thursday that did it, I am so sure that I am supposed to become a teacher, therefore my essay will be fine, how's that for Maxine logic for you. I've just decided that Neil is going to kill me though when he gets home, as I put hand cream on before I started typing this up and now the keys all look a little white, oops. Still it makes a change from the phone ringing which is what normally happens the moment I've put some on my hands. It's special cream called udder cream, not actually intended for hands (but for horses udders), it was recommended to me by the cancer nurses as the chemo made my hands really red and sore, it's great stuff and I recommend it to all the people I can, plus it's way cheaper than expensive hand cream, even if it is green, it works wonders.

Still enough of my advertising, I have a full weekend of essay writing to get to, not forgetting all the normal things like cooking and washing, somebody still has to do those things to. Mind you I haven't had breakfast yet, or my second cup of coffee so I know what my next task is going to be, well it will be after I've worked out how to get all the udder cream off the keyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment