Sunday 6 November 2011

Sixteen weeks + 1

Well I'm up nice and early for a Sunday morning, although it's mainly because Denny (my husbands favourite cat) thinks it's perfectly acceptable to yell and yell whilst sitting on my windowsill, until I get up and let him out, it's nice to know that I have some use in the world. Whatever we said to Xander yesterday didn't do the trick as he was yet again in my bed last night, I have considered that it could be some form of squatters rights protest sit in thingy, You see the room used to be his, up until about 12 months ago, and it is the biggest of all three bedrooms, well we used to have the smallest (still a good sized double room), but we swapped because he didn't need the space anymore, they get less and less toys so he didn't need the floor space for playing. Now the idea of a pool table has reared it's ugly head, and Neil did make the comment (somewhat foolishly) that if he'd still been in his old room, he'd have the room for one. I'm not sure that Xander is that devious, but it's certainly something that I will keep in mind. We have to do something though as sharing my bed with 2 is having an effect on the quality of my nights sleep, and we all know I have problems in that department already.

Malarky is moving fields today, he's not going far, but some people wanted to move their horses up nearer to the stables, and I don't mind how far away I am from the stables, but I don't want to move any more times. Oddly the people who want to swap fields used to have my field before I did, so why they moved out of it in the first place I don't know. It shouldn't involve too much as I don't have that many things stored in the field, but as I said I'm only doing it once. Actually the field he is moving to is a larger one than he's in now, so he will have loads of room to run around and new neighbours to talk to, I have asked Neil and the boys to come with me to help set it all up but they are a little on the reluctant side, I'll need to do a little more on the bribery front, probably bacon sandwiches would do the trick.

On a caravan note, I thought somebody had stolen my caravan this morning until I remembered that Neil had delivered it to his sisters yesterday, and it is as I suspected Neil is raring to go out and buy a caravan ASAP. I am trying to persuade him to wait until after Christmas when oddly, we are more likely to have more money available. Whereas if he buys one now he'll be using up all of my Christmas shopping funds that will make for a very dull Christmas indeed. To explain about the money Neil always gets a bonus at Christmas and what ever money I spend beforehand gets paid back off out of that bonus, and there is always a little bit left over so that will swell our savings just a little, then I get my next student loan payment in January so unlike a lot of people, who will be feeling the pinch after Christmas, it's the one time of the year that we actually have money. Of course buying a caravan will sort that situation out very easily.

Well what else am I going to do today, well Neil said yesterday that we could have a Sunday dinner today, well apart from picking up a chicken and a packet of stuffing I've got everything that I need, and I do like a roast chicken dinner, trouble is it was yesterday that he said it, it may just have been a moment of weakness, and today he could just say that he wants a curry instead, still I can make one of those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment