Wednesday 23 November 2011

Eighteen weeks + 4

Well hands up if you've been awake half the night, it would be nice to know I wasn't awake all by myself, I'm beginning to think there should be a club, for people who can't sleep or who can't go back to sleep, we could tell tales, regale stories (I know the same thing) and tell each other the stupid things we do to try to go back to sleep. I do not count sheep, in my opinion my imaginary sheep are too unruly and whenever I have tried to count them jumping over a fence they go in groups which just winds me up and certainly doesn't send me to sleep. I can't think of dull boring things, I'm at Uni my life is full of busy interesting things that my brain won't ignore, plus it's the run up to Christmas if you think I can empty my head of that one, well lets just say that I can't. So I do puzzles, crosswords, word searches, kriss cross, Sodoku I'm really not fussy and it usually works, even if Neil does find me in the morning asleep clutching a pen. Last night, however, it just didn't work at all, I guess there was just one thing too many running around in my head (probably with all of those stupid sheep).

Well what did the doctor say, the good news is that I'm not Coeliac, which is what I said yesterday, the bad news is of course that we still don't know what it is. So my doctors next step is to consult the stoma nurses and ask what his next step should be. OK I can cope with that, it's nice to know that he's not afraid to ask for help, or not nice to know that I've got him a little bit stumped. He's not sure if I need to go back and see my consultant or if they should send me to a dietician, well I know where I'd rather go, but again we will have to wait and see.

So what of today, well Neil is taking his car to be diagnosed (see we're all at it) as it doesn't seem to be running right (I'm thinking it's part of the reason he wants to get rid of it), he says having looked at what else is available for the money he has to spend he'd rather just keep his car, if he can get it running right. If not I have no idea what kind of car he is going to look at as he's ruled out all of the obvious ones. I'm off to Uni for my normal Wednesday treat and I'll do Malarky on the way home, so that means, yes you've guessed it "no Christmas Shopping". Thank goodness because I'm all out of shopping goodwill now and think I'll do the rest on the internet. I do find people, especially a lot of them in a shop, really quite annoying. Shopping on the internet avoids all that, and the weather, and having to carry lots of bags, and having to eat out (which is the only saving grace to going Christmas shopping that I can find).

So I am going to go and get some breakfast for myself and at least one more cup of coffee, and see what else Wednesday has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment