Saturday 19 November 2011

Eighteen weeks later

So, it's Saturday morning and I could have been in bed having a nice lie in, am I? No. For some reason I am up and wide awake and it's only just 7 o'clock. I'm not complaining too much, I have been sleeping slightly better this last week, so I guess I can put up with it. I really enjoyed my afternoon at Summerhill, and yes it was a bit strange to see all the kids in normal clothes, but a lot more colourful than when they are in uniform. I was a bit late leaving as Miss Wilson wanted to ask my advice about re-wording the question she is going to set the year 10s for their GSCE coursework. I took that as a huge compliment, she also said the year 10s see me as another teacher in the class not just a helper, she said you can tell by the way they ask me to help them, again another compliment. I was so pleased with myself I skipped down the pathway outside the school. Then proceeded to get told off by Will, as apparently it's not something that Mothers are supposed to do, not on school premises and certainly not with their children near by. So I stuck my tongue out at him, which I'm sure is something else I'm not supposed to do. I suggested that if he didn't want to be embarrassed by me, he could always walk home. So that put a stop to that nonsense. 

Oh Miss Wilson has also agreed to be my referee for the PGCE as well so that's another step closer, in what really seems like a far too complicated process. On top of everything else I have to write a personal statement about why I want to become a teacher, it could make the difference between getting on a course or not. I don't think that "I know it's the right thing to do" mixed in with a bit of "I must be completely nuts" is really going to do the trick for me, so this may take longer than I thought. Plus I am only applying to one University as the others are really a bit too far away, again limiting my prospects, but what else can I do? I can't do my PGCE at Wolverhampton because you have to do a course specific one, and they do not do History there, so Worcester is my closest, and trust me, that's not close. Still after all the problems I've had just trying to get my degree finished, I think a little bit of travelling should seem simple.

So what does my day have in store for me, well Neils Mom and Dad are coming to visit: so I'll be mainly tidying the place up then. It's not that my house is a mess, but it is lived in, sometimes it seems by a lot more than 4 people. I have Malarky and Ned to deal with and I have to buy a chicken. I know that seems a silly addition but I didn't think I could get a chicken with my shopping that would last until Saturday night (my shopping comes on Monday) so I intended to buy a chicken for dinner tonight sometime later in the week. I know that chicken is boring but cooking a roast chicken dinner is the easiest thing, as Neils Mom won't eat any other kind of meat, and Neils Dad, like mine, is a Coeliac. Still I will keep it simple by doing a medley of roasted root vegetables, oh and Xander says I have to make my curry sauce to have as an alternative to gravy. I have the feeling that's going to end up on the Christmas dinner list if I'm not careful.

OK I'm off now in search of coffee and something to eat, mmm I wonder if I can have mince pies for breakfast? 

No comments:

Post a Comment