Sunday 13 November 2011

Seventeen weeks + 1

It seems a bit ridiculous to be up so early on a Sunday morning, but Neil got up and went to work, taking Xander with him and I just sort of am awake, so I might as well be up. It will be really peaceful for the next couple of hours as I won't be seeing Will any time soon, either, as he was out babysitting till after 12, mind you I also know he was on Facebook at least till 2 in the morning, still he's earned his stripes this week. He's had a couple of exams, and a whole days babysitting to contend with, at some point you have to allow them the freedom to stay up as late as they want, it's part of growing up. Plus he's done so well this week he's been moved out of the extra English revision set into the Focus one, I should explain. Because they have an extra time table slot for a business language that they no longer do, all the year 11 pupils have a couple of free lessons a week, anyone with problems with their maths gets an extra maths lesson, any one with problems with their English gets an extra English lesson, if you have no problems at all you go into the focus one, which is basically free periods when you can do your homework and things. What the kids do who have problems with both maths and English I'm not sure. Anyway Will has worked really hard on his English this year, it's always been his weakest subject, worryingly so for us, any way he's done so well he's been moved out into the focus group. Of course he has pointed out that if he's made a mess of his recent exams (2 of them were English), they will pop him right back in there in January. Still we're really pleased, and it must be a nice feeling for him too.

Enough about Will, how about my essay, well I sort of finished it yesterday, I mean I need to proof read it and change things about a bit, but basically it's all done, so I can hand it in tomorrow on my way into work, Yes I'm back at Larkshill again this week, helping out. Neil quite likes it as I paid for our hotel room with my first bit of wages, and took him out to dinner with my second, I've told him it empowers me to have some wages of my own to spend, he says that's fine as long as I keep spending them on him. Ha Ha very funny. It's a good job I have finished my essay as I have the hugest pile of ironing to do, I'm thinking that I've got more washing done this week with having a new tumble drier that works, it's the only explanation as the pile of ironing is ridiculously huge. I probably have quite a bit of other housework to catch up on as well as I sort of downed tools to concentrate on my essay. 

I've promised the workers (that will be Xander and Neil) sausage sandwiches for lunch, it seemed a nice thing to do, after all it's a bit much having to go to work on a Sunday, but then that's how busy they are at the moment, and as I keep saying "busy is good". I'm going to cook a mini Sunday dinner today and I have to order my shopping (ASDA on-line), well if I'm going to be at work I'll need to, plus it's an easy way to keep an eye on what you are spending, but the substitutions are a pain, you always know it will be that one special thing that you were really looking forward to that they didn't have in stock. Any way, I can get it delivered for just £3 if I pick the right time slot, and I'm pretty sure it costs me more than that in fuel to actually go to the shop. I could also tell you that it stops you impulse buying, but I'm starting to sound like an advert for the shop now. So on-line shopping first I think (not that I'm putting off the ironing, but I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment