Sunday 11 September 2011

Eight weeks + 1

So Neils sister, her husband and their two children all came yesterday to look at the caravan. Is it a little sad that I found a lot of comfort and amusement from watching them struggle to control their naughty two year old (Chloe)? It's mainly because my kids are 11 and 15. To be fair she is just a really busy child and into everything, we had one of those, you do get past it, and most of us survive. It just brings a smile to your face knowing that it's not your problem, that she will go home and peace will return to your house. Ned really liked her, I guess they are a similar age, Xander felt that she got in the way a bit, but he liked having her brother here. Jack (her brother) is 8 and spent the afternoon having Xander as his hero, and Xander commented that it was nice, that he was being Will for the afternoon. Not that he would normally admit to Will being his hero, but strange things do happen. They only came to look at the caravan, and stayed for dinner, although we had chips from the chip shop, which is an easy solution so that I didn't have to cook, all in all a pleasant visit.

Now today I have time issues, meaning there just isn't quite enough of it in the day. I need to go and do Malarky, and Ned could do with a decent run in the woods. I have to go to a shop somewhere and get pumps and trainers for Xander for school, do not ask how that was missed in the run up to him going to school, it just was. I also want to go to Rudge where there is a horse show today, it's a fun show and Carla is judging the dressage, both horse and dog. All this and for once we are actually having a Sunday dinner, it's one of my favourite meals, but nobody elses, so I sneak them in when I can. It does mean a lot of work for me, but I enjoy it so much I don't care. I also need to do boring things like washing etc, and I still haven't turned up Xanders trousers for school. Phew, I've also promised everyone sausage sandwiches for breakfast, I must be raving mad. So if anybody knows how to add a couple of hours into the day could they do so please, just so I actually have a minute to sit down at some point. 

I now have one week before my check up appointment, and I'm trying not to think about it too much. I'm distracting myself by the fact that I have my first lecture at Uni the day after. It's a stupid time as well, the lecture not the hospital appointment, 5 till 7 in an evening, so when am I supposed to eat? I will have to wait until I get home, which is a pain, it also means that the boys will have to feed themselves on a Tuesday night for the foreseeable future, well thats' pizza then! I always joke they live on pizza and beer, when I'm in hospital, but they really do like their pizza, and luckily all the same sort of toppings, I'm not sure if it will be with chicken dippers though if Neil is cooking it. I always used to think that it did them good to have to feed themselves once in a while, but after them having to do it so much lately while I was recovering, I feel a bit more guilt about it. No, it's OK,  that guilty feeling has passed, it will do them good to have to feed themselves, it's only once a week and in reality I could be at work and they'd have to do it all the time, of course then they'd all look like pizzas, but we're an odd family anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment