Monday 5 September 2011

Seven weeks + 2

Well the first problem of the day is that they've changed the blogging software, and everything is in a different place. I don't mind change normally, but I like to keep it to a minimum on a Monday morning. OK I'm sure it will all work out fine, once I get the hang of it, just keep your fingers crossed it all still works. It's not that I don't trust technology but when it seems to know more than me I do get a little suspicious, like when it thinks what word you are going to type next in a text message, it may be a reasonable suggestion but I like to think of these things for myself. Oh it's the last day of the 6 week holiday (yipee), I love my kids I really do, but school is a safer place for them during the day, so I can be in a bad/crazy mood, all by myself. I dreamt about getting them up for school in the morning, it was a nightmare, I hope the reality is an improvement. 

Will comes back from his adventures in Woolacombe today, I'm pretty sure he will be on a downer to be home and going back to school so I decided to cook him a special dinner. Firstly there is the baked camembert, the starter from when Neil and I went away, I picked up a couple of different bread stick things to use to dip into it. Then for a main course, something Will has apparently invented himself. Now before I go any further I have to mention that Will is a fussy eater, he lives on a diet of processed foods and potato products, which is incredibly frustrating for somebody that actually likes to cook. I do have a theory that he thinks food should always be his favourites, when we all know we eat things that are all right, but not on our favourite list. To back up my theory , if he finds something that he likes more than another, like mashed potato over roasted, he takes the roasted potatoes off the list of things he will eat and adds on the mash, a little mad. Any how, when he rang me one of the days and said he'd discovered a new meal he liked to eat, I was gob smacked, I mean you hope for these things when they are away with their friends, or other people but you don't hold your breath, I wondered what it could be, something odd I would never have thought about giving him. No, it was pepperoni pizzas with chicken dippers on top, now I'm not the brightest pencil in the box but even I can work out that's not a new meal, that's two of his old ones added together. Well anyway in honour of his return, we are having pepperoni pizzas with chicken dippers on the top for our main course tonight. Then I decided to make a trifle for pudding, he loves it and I've never made it, to be fair I don't have a sweet tooth so I don't tend to provide puddings, there are always yoghurts and ice lollies but not real puddings. Then I started looking at recipes for trifles, the choice was huge, biscuits or cake, different fruits, odd toppings, I remembered I only liked the top of a trifle, but it makes them lopsided, so I'm making a tiramisu instead, I know it's Italian trifle, but I like the whole thing and was feeling selfish. 

Lets hope it works out well then I have a posh starter and a pudding for my imaginary dinner party, as I said before the camembert needs very little attention and the tiramisu is made hours before and left in the fridge. So I still need an easy to do, lack of attention, prepared before hand amazing main course, oh and I guess a couple of friends, mind you it's moving along nicely. It's doing much better than the utility project, which seems to have stalled a little, possibly because Neil has discovered he has a leak, not him personally, but somewhere in the utility, if he was a builder he's be tutting and telling me how much more this was going to cost, as he's not, he's simply stalling. We'll have to wait and see what will happen next, my money is on him ripping out the shower and the toilet and leaving me with no usable utility at all, (he likes the destructive phases of projects) then he'll have another pause so he can work out what to do next, trust me I know how this works, it will be brilliant in the end, you just don't know quite when that end will be.

We cleared out the caravan yesterday, all ready to put it up for sale, there is a possibility that Neils sister will be having it, but if not it's going on ebay in a couple of weeks. I cannot believe that amount of stuff we kept in there, and we left some of it in for the next owner. Before we started I had a caravan to clear out, now I need to clear my hall, the office and the kitchen, talk about jobs creating jobs. I told Neil I was excited about getting a new caravan, he just looked at me funny (it's not a done deal), so I rephrased and said I was excited about the idea of having a new caravan. Apparently that was acceptable and wasn't putting too much pressure on him. It won't be a "new" caravan, just a newer one, I want a bigger one (don't be rude), with a different layout, an end bathroom design mainly so I don't have to shut all the curtains and throw everyone out of the caravan when I want to get changed. It's another, watch this space moment I think. 

Right well I have sponges to soak (like you do) and a pudding to make, I do hope it works out, I'll let you know tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment