Saturday 3 September 2011

Seven weeks later

Is it my imagination of has that last week just flown by, mind you the last week of the six week holiday does tend to, especially for the children. We are just about ready for the beginning of term, although I really must remember to turn Xanders trousers up, they've been on my "to do" list for over a week now. The boys going back to school will be good for them, even if they don't think so, back to routine and back to their friends, away from the world of looking after Mom. It's not really been the best six weeks holiday for them,  spending it first worrying and then looking after me. I know there are a lot of kids out there who are permanent carers, or worse lose their Moms, I've been given a glimpse of how kids deal with some of those situations and I really don't want to put mine through anything more for quite some time. On a lighter note, can cats take out life insurance policies on their owners because my ginger cat (Herbie) has been trying to trip me up, down the stairs, all week? Now Neil says that Herbie is pure evil, now I've always erred on the bi-polar side, but you do begin to wonder when he winds round your legs just when you're about to take your first step down the stairs in the morning.

I have had something pointed out to me, that I'm not being very clear when talking about a certain subject - Malarky, I think it's because I know that most of my friends are horse people, so I have failed to clarify certain aspects of horse ownership, but some of the people who read this blog are not horse people, including my eldest sister (she's the one who pointed it out). Anyway for all the non-horse people here is a recap. Firstly Malarky is my horse, he's a 16'3", grey, irish draught x thoroughbred (he's a big white horse), I keep him on a farm, owned by Dave, who is in the process of building a menage, it should have an accent over the "e", it's a rectangular, fenced in arena for riding in, usually with a soft and hopefully all weather surface for riding all year round. The actual translation of the french word is household or housework (so I'm back where I usually am). Now to skipping out the field, it does make us sound a jolly bunch of horse people, when in reality we are simply picking up all the poo out of the field (I do it with a skip and a rake, there are alternatives), sticking it in a wheelbarrow and dumping it on a muck heap somewhere. This is my biggest problem at Daves as to get rid of the muck you have to push your wheelbarrow up quite a steep ramp, something that I shouldn't be attempting until I'm a lot fitter, unless my wheelbarrow isn't very full! I think that's everything, and in future I will try not to confuse anyone, and explain things a bit more carefully.

I went shopping all by myself yesterday, damn that's a lie , I went shopping all by myself yesterday with Xander, that's better. I'd like to point out that most 10 year olds might not be that much help, but actually Xander is very helpful, and big and strong, but I went shopping without adult supervision, which is the main point. OK saying it like that sounds like they let me out of the asylum on my own , but who cares. Doing the shopping without Neil has been something that I've been aiming to do, it puts my world back onto a slightly more even keel. Of all the things I wasn't supposed to do when I first came out of hospital there is really only one I haven't gone back to doing, that would be hoovering, which I'm pretty sure is something I should never be fit enough to do (please nobody mention to Neil that I should be hoovering by now). I even walked Ned last night, the only issue with walking him is if he suddenly pulled and went after something, but if you are aware of what is around you these things don't catch you by surprise, so as long as I'm prepared I should be fine. Now I'm in noway saying I'm back to where I was before all of this, on the one hand it will take me months to really get back to how fit I was. On the other we have the unspeakable question about whether I'm ever going to attempt to have my stoma reversed again, or am I prepared to stay with Cyril for the rest of my life, we'll put that in a box for now I think. So what next for me today, guess what housework, oh sewing the trousers, now that sounds like more fun than washing up doesn't it. I really do need to get a more exciting life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment