Wednesday 14 September 2011

Eight weeks + 4

I am off to the Summerhill school this morning, to shadow Miss Wilson, the Head of History there. I am extremely nervous about it, which is silly because it's something that I've done many times before. The trouble is everything makes me nervous at the moment, mainly because of Cyril, which isn't helped by the fact that my nerves go straight to my stomach, no this isn't a good combination. I do need to do this though, I enjoyed it so much before, and it really made me doubly determined to get my teachers qualification, I also need the time in the classroom if I'm going to stand any chance of finding a school to let me do my GTP there. I'll just have to suck it up, as Carla would say, and once I've done it a couple of times it won't be new to me any more. My next hurdle will be going back to lectures next week, but I have other things on my mind before then. My official check up appointment is next Monday, and that is occupying my mind more than anything else right now, although I'm sure it will all be fine, it's hard not to worry. 

Hey I managed 8 minutes on the exercise bike this morning, I was really pleased. I gave the sit ups a miss though, I don't think I should be doing too many of those just yet. Neil actually laughed at me yesterday when I told him I'd been on the bike, I didn't think starting at 4 minutes was that bad, but he seemed to think it was a bit sad. Well from somebody who uses the exercise bike purely as a clothes hanger at night, I don't think that is very fair. OK maybe 4 minutes was a bit pathetic, but it was a start, and still more than 0 minutes.

I have finally got round to turning up Xanders school trousers, only one pair needed doing but I just kept putting it off, I really am not very good at sewing at all. My case was proven for me when I realised I was sewing them the wrong way round and actually making them into turn ups! I don't think he'd have been too pleased at that so I unpicked and started again, this time with the trousers inside out. Of course as silly as turn ups may have looked I'm pretty sure that having them different lengths is probably a bit of a no-no too. Ooops.

Right, I'm off now to get ready for school, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment