Wednesday 21 September 2011

Nine weeks + 4

So my first lecture yesterday, how do you think that went? First of all, despite having all day to get ready (I needed to be there for 5) I still somehow managed to be late, only slightly embarrassing, but not as totally embarrassing as getting up and leaving 20 minutes before the end. I should explain. I decided to park on the Asda car park, it's about a 10 minute walk but you can park there for 2 hours for a £1, so it's good value. I knew 2 hours wouldn't be long enough but there was a chance, with it being the first lecture, that it wouldn't go on for the whole 2 hours, and after about 6 o'clock are the Asda car park attendants really going to be that hot on the 2 hour limit? If you don't know Wolverhampton that well I should explain that the Uni and the Asda are both very near to the Molineux, you know the stadium where Wolves play, in fact the Asda car park is right next to it and when there is a match on they are really on the ball those parking attendants, making sure that football supporters aren't getting their parking on the cheap. Needless to say there was a match on last night (you knew that was coming) and I sat in the lecture watching the time go by, becoming more and more concerned that we were going for the full 2 hours and not wanting a parking ticket and a fine, I just got up and walked out. I'm hoping that nobody really noticed, although it was quite obvious, I'm also hoping it will all be forgotten by next week, and I will try to do better, and to park somewhere else.

The lecture itself was interesting, on the American Civil War, something about which I know nothing. In the past I have sometimes got my best marks when I chose modules that had unfamiliar subjects, although I also got the worst ones on them too, so you never know which way it will go. Today I have Germany 1871 - 1949, I will park at Asda again (I know mad) but I have my reasons, as this is a year long module and shouldn't be longer than an hour. You just know it's going to go on longer now that I've said that, OK I will park somewhere else. This I think should be a really interesting module, more than if it just concentrated on the period of the Wars I & II, we will have to wait and see, I'm frequently wrong about these things. I have to make sure that I get the dinner into the slow cooker before I go out today, and some washing on the line. At least I can call and do Malarky on the way back from Uni today, which takes the pressure off time wise. I thought I'd factored in all the travelling yesterday but I forgot to allow for the time it actually takes to get down the drive at the farm, it takes quite some time and there's a 5mph speed limit. I think leaving a little late and the drive are probably what messed up my trip yesterday, of course travelling in rush hour traffic may not have helped much either! Next Tuesday I will allow more time, today I don't seem to have allowed any time for me to have lunch, typical, something always has to give, but why should it be my stomach.

Talking of my stomach, I did sit ups and 12 minutes on the exercise bike this morning, I'm not convinced that the fake cycling is making me any fitter, but my stomach aches a little so the sit ups are doing something (lets hope the right things). I won't lie to you my middle region is a little on the deformed side at the moment, but apparently it takes months for all the internal swelling to really go away, so that's my angle. I'm not fat, it's internal swelling! Feel free to borrow that if you want to. To be fair I haven't been thin for years, and I enjoy my food too much to consider it a reasonable goal now, but I wouldn't mind being slightly less ashamed of my middle region. Of course there's not much can be done about Cyril, he's not going anywhere for now, but if I could look a little more normal that can only help my self esteem. The winter time is wonderful if you don't like your body, all those thick woolly jumpers hiding a multitude of sins, and bulges. Maybe I could persuade Neil that we should move to a colder climate, then it wouldn't be an issue.

I have tiles on my utility floor, only on about half of it, but it's not the point it's a good start. Neil, unfortunately, is back at work today so the utility will have to stay half tiled until Friday evening, as that's the first chance he'll get to have another go. Despite the fact it's his first attempt at floor tiles, I think they look quite good, mind you he's only done the easy ones so far, at some point he has to tile around the toilet, I may go out while he does that I think it may be painful. He's decided to leave the shower in for now but has tiled in a way that if he removes it in the future it will be easy to fill in the gap on the floor, I know how these things work the tiles will have gone out of circulation and I'll end up with a square of floor that looks completely different. Oh well sounds about right for this house. 

Right I'm off to put meat and vegetables into the slow cooker and washing on the line. I also need to get a more exciting life I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment