Thursday 22 September 2011

Nine weeks + 5

Well I think this has been a really long week already and it's only Thursday, that's not a good sign for the rest of the week at all. I have visitors coming on Saturday and Sunday and have volunteering at school today, at some point I will actually take a moment to rest, just not this week. Still it was my first week back at Uni so I have to expect some upheaval. I decided I needed some more routine to my week so I tried to timetable my visits to Malarky and trips to the wood with Ned around my Uni lectures so that everything fitted in better. Can you imagine a grown woman writing a timetable for a week so she could still visit her horse, it's humiliating. Mind you it worked, well after a fashion, I forgot to allow for the trip up and down the drive at the farm, making me late for Uni, and I didn't give myself any time for lunch yesterday. So no matter how sad it was writing the timetable, you do have to feel sorry for me that I did it so badly! Maybe next week will be more settled, as Neil won't have 2 days off and throw my week into a whirl as only he can. Uni has been funny this week, I have 2 modules at Uni and 2 not, one of which is my volunteering at the school module, which apparently I had paperwork to fill and hand in by the end of this week. That would be easier to do if the paperwork was available on the system as promised by the module leader. Oops well I like my lecturers at Uni, but I'm not convinced that the organisational skills of some of the people that work there are really up to scratch.

I haven't said much about my kids this week, but then to be honest I don't think I've seen them much, you will have to ask me later if that is a good or a bad thing. They seem to be settling into school quite well, and Xander has already come home with a school photo, actually we have a choice of 2 in one he looks like a manic depressive having an episode and the other like he's being brutally murdered, I don't know how I'm supposed to pick one. The boys have both promised to help around the house a bit more now that I am back at Uni, (it has to happen I wrote it on my timetable) and Will hoovered for me yesterday, and Xander dusted. In reality that means Will hoovered around everything, and Xander sprayed a lot of polish on small patches of furniture, but it's a start. So lets get this straight I timetabled my week to make it run more efficiently (and got it wrong), got my kids to help around the house, (which they did badly), have to fill in paperwork that doesn't exist (I get kicked off the module if I don't), and I have half a tiled floor in my utility (who knows when Neil will get to finish that as we have visitors all weekend). That all sounds like a perfectly normal week doesn't it?

I haven't managed to timetable another 1/2 day at the Summerhill school, which I will need to do for the module I'm doing. It's silly I have to do 1 day a week for 12 weeks and fill in a report at the end, and keep a log, instead of writing an essay like a normal module. It all sounds reasonable until you know that the hand in date for the work is 12 weeks away and the school shuts for the October half term, meaning I won't have finished my 12 weeks by then. So not only do I have to hand in paperwork that I can't find, I should have started this module 2 weeks ago just to make sure I could fit it all in. It's not the best start to a module I've ever had, and I thought this would be my favourite one this year. It doesn't bode well for the rest of them. So I bet you are wondering what I have timetabled for today, well I have Summerhill this morning and I have to do Malarky, I was good and cleaned out his bath yesterday (that's a water trough for drinking out of), I do have to take Ned to the woods today and Will is timetabled to come with me. That's a full day then, so I'd better go and get it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment