Friday 16 September 2011

Eight weeks + 6

I'm beginning to get a little worried, and I do hate to tempt fate, but right now everything seems to be going oddly well for all of us. Will and Xander haven't been fighting with each other, and they both seem to be enjoying school, OK enjoying is maybe too strong a word, but they're not hating it at the moment, which is good enough for me. Things seem to be going well for Neil at work too, I mean he gets stressed, but he's really busy which has to be the better way to go. Then there's me, I'm a bit stressed about my appointment next week, and going to Uni, but this week , everything has gone really well, going to Summerhill, getting fitter, just the normal running the house kind of things. So tell me, what dreadful thing is going to befall us this weekend, after all, we just don't all have good weeks all at the same time, it's unnatural and unnerving to say the least. Maybe I'll break some more bowls whilst I'm washing up to even it out just a little.

I've just waved Xander off to school, he looks so fresh faced and trouble free. I do hope he has a good day, he thinks he should as apparently this afternoon is fun time Friday, that sounds like such a good idea, I should have one of those too. Even if he doesn't have a great day at school, he's off out with his mates this evening. It's his friends birthday and to celebrate it they are going out for a meal, to the local Tandoori restaurant, now that's a boy after my own heart. It's funny because you'd think that most kids their age would be all McDonalds, and KFC and Xander can be (he does like his food). This year was an odd one out for Xander wanting something as ordinary as pizza, in previous years he's been all about eating out in restaurants, OK 2 of them were Indians, but still it seems an unusual choice for a child to make. Yet here is his friend wanting the same kind of thing. Xander actually says that when he's older he would like to run a good pub in the country, selling fine food and drink. Well that just sounds pretty perfect to me, he doesn't want to be the chef, but to be in charge and just please all the people, I like the ambition, but I'm not sure where he intends to get the funding. Guess we'll have to wait and see about that one too.

So what will my fun time Friday entail, well I do have to take Ned to the woods and do Malarky, and after being at Summerhill for a couple of mornings I'm a bit behind with my housework. OK the first bit sounds like it could be fun, but that housework word doesn't really fit very well into the theme. I do try to do these things logically, I remember to water my orchid once a week by doing it on a Wednesday (w for water), and as none of the days of the week begin with an H that could provide me with a perfect get out of doing the housework pass. When Will was little and really didn't want to come shopping I used to try to make it more fun (bare with me it is relevant) so one week I said that we could only buy things that began with an S, it was quite tricky trying to buy the things that we needed without breaking the rule, but it did make the shopping more fun, mind you I was shopping in Sainsburys so we could have just bought all their own label products. I know I'll do just the bare minimum today, and do all the horrible stuff tomorrow when I have the boys to help me. Then I can dedicate the rest of the day to having fun, at the field and the woods, if only it was a forest then that sentence would have looked so much better. 

Oh Neil and I are popping to B&Q tonight, (you knew that was coming) it could be fun and fit in with the theme. He has got Monday and Tuesday off next week so we could have a nice few relaxing days together, but my money is on putting a false ceiling in the utility. He's taken Monday off so he can come to my appointment with me, if you remember from my earliest of ramblings things didn't go too well at my first follow up appointment when I didn't take him, so we're not risking anything like that this time. As for why he's taken Tuesday off as well I can't say, but it will be nice having him around for the day, although I have my first lecture at Uni on Tuesday evening. Actually I'm going to be a bit of a gibbering wreck Monday and Tuesday next week so maybe he's right to bury his head in a DIY project it may be the safest option.

No comments:

Post a Comment