Friday 2 September 2011

Six weeks + 6

Well I had a lousy night Cyril (stoma) has a crappy sense of timing (excuse the pun) and I was awake at 4, luckily for Neil I was still awake at 5.45 when he'd accidentally turned off his alarm clock, he's only a precision engineer who's been building his own computers for nearly 20 years, alarm clocks are pretty tricky you know. As for Cyril, he's being a right nuisance at night time, they do say it takes 2 years to actually get used to one, but do they mean having one, or the one you've got, because for me that's either nearly there or nearly 2 years away. Anyway, I have to get myself psyched up to going back to Uni with him, very few people there know what has happened to me so I should feel comfortable, just one of the crowd, but in reality it makes me very self concious. I know that nobody looking at me knows that I've got a stoma, but I think it's like when your carrying around a lot of money in your bag, you feel like you have a neon sign pointing at you saying "oodles of money here", well I feel like there's a sign hovering over me about my stoma, completely silly, but there you go. I did actually enrol for Uni yesterday so that is a major step in the right direction, now all I have to do is to turn up, the easy part?

Had fun again with Xander last night, I know he's been in here a lot recently, but to be fair we've been stuck with each other for most of the week , (cough) I mean we've been spending a lot of quality time together this week. With Will being in Woolacombe, we've had little choice, I miss Will, I actually miss the guitar playing, there were some days it was the only indication that I had to his actual existence, so I see it's strange that I miss him. He's been ringing me every day, so we've talked more than we usually do, I should get him to continue with that once he is home. Xander doesn't miss him at all, so he says, but I do wonder if I've really been enough company for him this week. I do wish he'd get out more, go and see his friends but he's not a very sociable type, he's so quiet. Then of course with all this talk of secondary school I am worrying about him going, because he is so quiet, he likes to be Mr Medium at school, not to stand out. I sometimes wish that boy lived here, but he doesn't I get the cheeky one. Anyway last night Xander and I were watching some kind of police show, and they were using a helicopter to chase car thieves, all very exciting, Xander commented on the picture, so I told him it looked odd because they were using a special kind of camera. To which he replied, "thermal imaging", and proceeded to explain that the hotter things were the lighter they appeared on the screen. So that's comforting to know, I'm old and stupid, at least I'm consistent.  

I went to the field all be myself yesterday, naughty I know but very nice, I had to promise Xander that I wouldn't fill the wheelbarrow more than a third full. It was really nice after I'd skipped out I just sat in the field and talked to Malarky, he's quite a good listener, he doesn't interrupt and, as far as I know, he doesn't gossip. He looks really quite fat and round, which is not a way I have ever been able to describe him before now, he looks happy though. Dave (the owner) is working on trying to finish the new menage, which will be good, especially if he can finish it for when I am ready to start riding again, it will give me a safer environment to do it in. Not that I think that Malarky will be anything but an angel, but the more comfortable I feel the more enjoyable it will be. We have always been used to riding in a school, as they had such a great one at Stourton (where he used to live) and it was indoor, so we were really spoilt. 

Well I had better get on with some housework, sad but true, it's what my life is about now, maybe it always will be a little bit. I do hope there isn't another dead bird on the lawn today, the joys of owning a cat, I do wonder if they always turn them round so the dead animals head is facing you, as it gives it more impact. Alan Davies did a really hilarious stand up sketch about his cats bringing a dead pigeon into his flat, and arranging the body. I'm glad I have a dog so the dead things never get any further than the lawn. Well as for the rest of the day I do still have to go to the field and take the dog to the woods, so it's not all drudgery. Mind you I think I've got time for another cup of coffee before I begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment