Sunday 18 September 2011

Nine weeks +1

OK Sunday morning is here, and the house is peaceful, mainly because the boys aren't up yet. Mind you Neil is buzzing around me wanting me to go out, or at least do something. Trouble is because he's got a couple of days off, this isn't just a Sunday morning to him, this is holiday and when we are on holiday we plan to do things. Actually Neil plans to do things and I just decide how much to go along with him or not. At the moment we are just talking about taking Ned to the woods this morning, but you never know where all this planning may lead. I could be totally organised by the end of the day, then where would I be? Don't get me wrong I like a bit of routine to my day, I have to go to Malarky and walk Ned, but I like to mix it up a bit and not plan exactly when I am going to do these things, makes life a bit more exciting that way, of course I also run out of time and don't get everything done that I want to because I get involved in something else. That is not the point, I think I'm winning Neils case for planning out the day without him even saying anything, I'm going to change the subject before I completely change my own mind.

We stepped up our search for a caravan yesterday by actually going to look at a couple, we are having discussions (arguments) about seating layouts, and we do not agree on anything, actually that's not true, we both want an end bathroom, which will give us somewhere to get changed, apart from that we don't agree on anything. It doesn't help that we have a car that will tow a really big van (Maxine would like that) but to get it onto the drive we'd have to take the neighbours wall out, oddly something Neil doesn't want to do! Some caravans come with a fixed bed, very nice but whilst the boys are still coming away with us, they'd have to sleep in what is the living room, and I'm not sure I want that. You can get L shaped seating vans which feel a lot more like a living room, but you can't sleep on them without making the bed up every night. Some of the vans have tiny kitchen areas and huge bathrooms, I want an end bathroom but I would like a bigger kitchen too. Can you see there are just too many choices out there, plus some of the fabric they put on the seats, well scary I think would be the correct term. So Neil has spent the morning trawling the internet for caravans and I'm no nearer to knowing what I want anyway, so looks like his money is safe for now.

Neil has just delivered my second cup of coffee and he's already hung the washing on the line, looks like a subtle hint that I should be doing something more constructive than sitting here writing my blog. At least he's not hoovering around me, which would be his usual tactic to get me moving. Oh well I'd best be off and start my "planned" day of activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment