Monday 19 September 2011

Nine weeks + 2

Well I haven't had the best nights sleep, but it wasn't too bad, and I've been good and done my exercises this morning, but I am a little preoccupied by my appointment this afternoon. I think I'll ask for positive thoughts again, even though it didn't work with the sore throat, I'm sure we can pull it off this time, so at 3.25 this afternoon (of course I may not see my consultant for ages after that as this is a hospital we're talking about) any way at 3.25 this afternoon I could do with a many positive thoughts as possible pointed in my direction, so that my consultant gives me an all clear or a gold star, or whatever you are supposed to get at these appointments. I would really appreciate that.

I am trying to persuade Neil that a lunch out would be a really good way to ease me into this afternoon, but his head is still somewhere else, either in plasterboard or a caravan, I can't really tell. Plus he's a bit grumpy as he's going for an MOT at the doctors soon and in preparation for that has got to go for a blood test this morning, why the grumpy? Well it's a fasting blood test, so he didn't have any beer last night, that's not too bad, but no breakfast this morning, a little painful but bearable. Oh but no, he hasn't had his cup of tea this morning, talk about a bear with a sore head. Mind you Xander has just come downstairs for breakfast slamming all the doors as he came, maybe that's how the bowls got broken, anyway he doesn't have to have a blood test so that makes no sense at all. Maybe he just got out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

There is no sign of Will yet, but that's not really unusual, he will surface in his own good time, and no amount of poking and shouting from me seems to make any difference so I don't see the point in wasting my energy. It's funny though how many times he's nearly ready to leave, after getting up so late and goes, "Mom do you think you could make my sandwiches?" as if that's the factor that has made him late not the getting up 5 minutes before he actually needs to leave. You do have to love kids, especially first thing in the morning, no you do, because you can't kill them, trust me I've checked it out. 

If we are playing reverse psychology with appointments, the one this afternoon will probably go well. The first one I had in Dec 2009, when they told me it was cancer, well I went to that one expecting nothing and got a bomb shell, so if I go expecting bad news it should only be good right? Or have I twisted the whole process by saying that, and I'll just get what I expect? This is all too hard first thing in the morning and I have had my cup of coffee (2), at the end of the day there is no point worrying about it as I cannot change the outcome, but yet I still worry. I guess you can't stop human nature.

I'm going to go and make sandwiches for the boys before Will tries to catch me out, and wave good bye to Neil for his blood test. I guess I'd better put the kettle on ready for his return, he's going to be gasping for a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment