Tuesday 13 September 2011

Eight weeks + 3

Why is it that when you break something, you then seem to go through a patch of breaking more of the same, at the moment , in this house, it's bowls. Xander managed to break 2 cereal bowls on Sunday, which is made more amusing by the fact that I was cooking sausage sandwiches for breakfast and bowls weren't really required. Then I have gone on to break 2 pyrex bowls in as many days. I think I should lock all the bowls in the house away for a while until we've got this latest craze out of our system. Our last phase was wine glasses, we just kept breaking them, until we were down to an odd set of 3, so Neil went out and bought a box of 12 and put half of them in the cupboard, we haven't broken a single one since then, so maybe the answer is to just buy loads of bowls and that will do the trick.

Oh the utility project is back on again, thinking phase is over and action is now required, Neil is putting in a false ceiling, well I asked for a sink, a ceiling is similar to that isn't it. Apparently there isn't enough insulation in the roof so a false insulated ceiling is required. And the sink? I hear you ask, well that will come but first we have to tile the bathroom upstairs. Can you see now how these things just get completely out of hand, I mean that's a bit left field even for this house. So we need to tile the bathroom, so that Neil can remove the shower from the utility to give me more room for a sink, it sounds better but I'm still a little confused as to how we ended up doing 2 rooms instead of one, but I'm trying not to complain. To be fair when we moved into this house the utility was a bathroom and the only one in the house, what was, and is now the upstairs bathroom, had been turned into the worlds smallest bedroom. Well my boys at that time were 7 and 3 so we figured having a bathroom upstairs was the first job we needed to do, but Neil put a shower into the utility/bathroom for his use. He was working on a machine more in those days and was very filthy and thought it would keep the main bathroom cleaner if he didn't use it. This is long winded, I do apologise, anyway he installed a shower last year in the bathroom (upstairs) that the boys use, and now that he is more manager than machinist and not so dirty he thinks we can live without the one in the utility. Great I get more space, but the tiling? Well I tiled the bathroom all those years ago (8) and I was working to a tight budget so I only did 3 rows around the bath, which isn't enough when there is a shower in there so off they need to come, and I get a newly tiled bathroom. While he's doing that I might get him to put floor tiles in and a vanity unit, actually floor to ceiling tiles, all round the room, don't you think. Neil is crying now, I feel sorry for him, well just a little but I will repeat, I only asked for a sink.

Hey I did some sit ups this morning (gentle ones), and I did 4 minutes on the exercise bike, I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but my legs were very wobbly coming down the stairs so I'm thinking 4 minutes was enough. If I can build myself up to about 10 minutes I actually have a real bike I could dig out from the bike shed. Or does that sound too much like real exercise? My fitness level is the main difference between me now, and me before the ops, so it's important that I build it back up. Next week I'll be back at Uni, and I'm going into to Summerhill School tomorrow to see Miss Wilson about doing a couple of mornings a week, and I need to do these things without having to not do other things like riding Malarky and walking Ned, so this exercise nonsense is important. I'll let you know tomorrow if I can build it up to 5 minutes on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment