Tuesday 27 September 2011

Ten weeks + 3

Well my main aim today is not to be late for Uni, oh and to actually get to the end of the lecture, this may sound simple to you, but trust me things just happen, well they do to me. I have a good plan, I can timetable my week, but you just can't plan for every eventuality, and football matches just weren't on my radar last week, now they are. I will check if there is one on, and if yes, I will plan to park somewhere other than at Asda. See simple. I know there are still far too many holes in that plan, but it will have to do. Anyway I've managed to get both of my boys back to school today, it's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for a child/man, I'm not sure which category to put Will in, at 15 and over 6 foot, it's a tricky one. They've both gone to school sniffing, but at least they've gone. I only now have to fill my day until 4 then leave to go to Uni, doing Malarky on the way, I know I didn't allow for the drive at the farm, or the traffic, but last week there were roadworks, and if I'm honest I left at ten past so it's all my own fault. Actually Neil was here last week, starting the tiling, I'll blame him instead, he distracted me.

We are actively back on the hunt for a caravan, that's not true, Neil is and keeps asking me to look at caravans on the internet, so I say "where is it", because I would like to look at it in the real world, and he doesn't think it matters, just wants me to look anyway. It's a bit like a tennis match, only with a caravan, back and forth until I give in and go and look at a caravan on the screen , only to think it looks just like all the other ones. That's the trouble if you look at too many, it just gets more confusing, instead of clearer. I am no nearer to knowing what I want than I did at the beginning, except I'm possibly erring on the side of not getting a caravan and us taking separate holidays! It is possible that was his plan all along, if so, he's doing well. If I happen to find a caravan I like the look of, they are usually too big to fit on the drive, and get dismissed, I don't see the issue with removing a wall just to get a caravan on the drive, do you?

I do have other things to do today, I'm timetabled to take Ned to the woods, but as I've got till 4 o'clock, I'm not rushing with that one. I was thinking about popping out to do a little bit of fun shopping, but apart from Will wanting some new socks, I have nothing I really need to buy, (Phew says Neil). Honestly Will is a scream, Neil asked him what he wanted for Christmas (I know a painful thought but it's not that far away), and he said XBox and PC games, and Neil is like seriously anything else that's not electronic, "sure" said Will, "I could do with some socks, I just wouldn't want loads of socks for Christmas and nothing else". Can you imagine his disappointed face on Christmas day 20 pairs of socks and no XBox games, I mean it would be funny, but still. So I thought I would do the nice thing and just buy him socks anyway, without him having to wait. I do actually have this nagging feeling that there is something that I needed to get, but I can't access the information at the moment, I'm not sure how much of it is just my age, or if the chemo fried my brain a little but I'm not functioning as well in the memory recall department as I'd like. Not good for somebody who's planning to become a history teacher. I'd had a thought about that as well, as I really haven't been in the position, what with operations and stuff, to find myself somewhere to do a GTP course (that's the one where the school employs you and they pay you and for the course), which would be much better than me just doing my PGCE, I could take a year off, what's one more year anyway. I could work part-time, either in a school or not, and it gives me a whole 12 months to sort out a school to do my GTP in. This will save me the £8200 cost of fees for doing my PGCE at Worcester, so it sounds like a reasonable plan, and I'd be earning a little bit at the same time. Well it's an idea, if anybody has any other thoughts then please let me know.

Just to be different I'm off to hang the washing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment