Monday 26 September 2011

Ten weeks + 2

So how has my weekend gone? Fast would be the answer to that, I feel like I've hardly had time to turn around and it's Monday morning again. Monday is the only day of the week when I'm not going to either Uni or Summerhill so you'd think I would be looking forward to spending the day by myself. Now things never work quite that way in this house and both of my boys (you know the ones with man flu) have actually been running quite high temperatures throughout the night, have had hardly any decent sleep and I've had to keep them both off school, for the teachers protection mainly. So there goes my day by myself. The lady at Xanders school says there's already 2 away from his class so maybe his teacher (Mrs Mason) will be having a quieter day than she expected.

You will be glad to hear than I nearly have a completely tiled utility floor, it took Neil 2 hours of cutting and sawing and filing to cut the tile for around the toilet, I told you it was going to be bad. I went to Malarky and took Ned to the woods while he was doing that, coincidence? No I'm a chicken, mind you he has more patience than me, the first time I tried to wallpaper, I threw the screwed up pasted piece out of the window after I'd attempted to get it on the wall 3 times, I try to stick to painting nowadays, it's safer. It will be nice when he's finished it all, but I may have to wait until the weekend for that, still it doesn't stop me pricing up sinks and units while I'm waiting. Because Neil does such long hours in the week, I never push for DIY then and let him do things at the weekends, it means that sometimes jobs take longer than you'd expect them to but I always get them done eventually. He still has to put plumbing in for the new sink, and an outside tap, then it will be ready for decorating, Before he can then fit units and breakfast bar, the decorating will be my job, we have it all sorted I decorate, he does DIY. He built me an extension on the back of the house once, I can't tell you how long that took, but he did it, and I filled it with furniture, see we both have our areas!

I'm looking forward to this week, the weathermen said we may be having a mini heatwave, well I'll believe it when I see it, but it would be nice. I feel like I totally missed out on the Summer this year so it would be great to have a little encore. Trouble is I'm quite sad, I hear nice weather and think good , I can dry some washing, there really should be more to life than that. Oh well speaking of washing, it doesn't hang itself out, and I should be writing a shopping list, as we have no food in the house at all, all the ordinary mundane things on a Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment