Friday 30 September 2011

Ten weeks + 6

Well this morning I have woken up with a terrible headache and a horrible sore throat, so maybe they have finally all given me their man flu. I guess it makes them a sharing bunch, but I'd much rather that they hadn't shared this. Yesterday was an incredibly busy day and taking Ned to the woods had to go out of the window as I had to deliver some papers to Laura so she could take them to Uni for me, nothing major just to make sure I don't get thrown off one of my modules this semester, it wouldn't be the best of starts. As to Ned, I can take him today, timetables sometimes need to be flexible to allow for all the other stuff that crops up from time to time. 

Everything else yesterday went really quite well, until we got to the evening, not Xanders parents evening, that was really good, and his teachers had nothing but positive things to say. No, Neil and I had a huge falling out with Will, it doesn't matter what it was about it's the dynamics that are interesting. Will talks to me, most of the time, with a certain amount of politeness, even when we are arguing, but he talks to Neil like he's dirt. Neil always jumps straight to shouting at Will and talks to him as if he's an idiot. As you can imagine, I am very much stuck in the middle, and end up with Neil also shouting at me, because I didn't back him up, and saying stupid things like, "if I'd spoken to my Dad like that he'd have belted me", really, I know his Dad and find that highly unlikely and made the mistake of saying as much, as I've mentioned before diplomacy is not my strong point. So Will stomps off upstairs and Neil stomps off into the kitchen, leaving me actually quite upset and wondering if I'll ever have a happy family again. Within half an hour they were both on the settee watching Mock the Week and laughing together. How can men do that? It's as if it never happened, and I'm left the only one still upset by the whole thing. Anyway Xander decided to write me a poem to cheer me up, he left it on my pillow for me to find when I went to bed and I decided to put it in my blog.

Maxine Maxine she's so nice
She will make you curry and rice
She wants the weather to be very sunny
She wouldn't want lots of money
She would like to ride her horse
She hypothetically has the force
This is the last time I will say
Before the end of the day
She's Maxine !

Well if all the shouting hadn't made me cry, that did. Though before anyone starts thinking how lovely Xander is I should tell you he's got up this morning in a really foul mood as it was too late for him to do something that he wanted on the computer. He has stomped and shouted his way all through breakfast and out of the house to go to school, so my men really are all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment