Sunday 4 September 2011

Seven weeks + 1

Is it actually called a nights sleep, when you go to sleep, wake at 3 and then go back to sleep at 6.30 to get up at 9. I think it's 2 small nights sleep in a night, oh that would be a broken nights sleep, yes my sleep is very broken. Luckily I do have my Kindle, back and fixed, actually when I rang them and said it was broken, they sent me a new one, maybe they know it's almost an addiction for me, my Kindle, and they didn't want me to suffer. Anyway I do quite like watching the sun come up in the morning, I'm just not too keen on waiting hours for it to happen. As for what my day will hold, that will depend on Neil, he's hurt his back, either lifting something at work, changing the oil on my car, or skipping out the field. My money is on a combination of all of those things, but it's not good when the heavy lifter in the family is the 10 year old, so we'd better limit that for today.

Neil has decided that he might like to change his car, I don't think it's a mid-life crisis kind of a thing, he is looking at Mercedes on the internet, I'll have to let you know. I think it's only fair that he has one if he wants (the mid-life crisis and the car), he deserves something after the stuff I've put him through. I actually think having a sports car in your 40's is partly a practical decision, you've wanted one all along but had to have a sensible family car, because of the children. By the time you are in your 40's your kids, or at least some of them are teenagers and you rarely go anywhere as a family, plus if you're a two car family that's sorted. You can't wait to have sports car when you are older, because there's all the difficulties getting in and out, normally because of a bad back. Oops, OK maybe today is not the day for trying them out though.

If he wants to change his car, we will have to put off changing the caravan, no that's not true we can still sell the one we've got and just wait until later to replace it. I really do have to try and find myself a job, with all the extra taxes and things hitting Neils wages I should be making at least some sort of contribution, if only to compensate for the extra expense of Malarky. Plus I think I've been a burden long enough, even with going to Uni I really should be able to find some kind of part time work. It is harder finding something that fits with my timetable, this semester I'm only in for 2 hours on a Tuesday evening and 2 on a Wednesday lunch time. But next semester its Monday morning for 2 hours and Wednesday for 4. OK I guess that's always Thursday and Friday and the Weekend free all year. It does at least give me something to start with, I just have to remember that my independent study, year long project still has to be done, they used to be called dissertations. I'm not sure why they have to change the names of things, it seems to me they started it with Marathons (Snickers), then it spread to education  English (Literacy), Cooking (Food Tech), libraries (learning centres) I'm sure that there are many more. If you fell off the planet 20 years ago then came back again, you wouldn't know where you were! I think that's me showing my age again, good job Xander isn't around to witness it.

Well I suppose I should go and see if the invalid needs anything, I won't deny the fact it's nice for that title not to belong to me for a change. I'm also looking forward to tomorrow, I get Will back home and it's the last day of the holidays, then my world will return to normal, well as normal as it ever is.

No comments:

Post a Comment