Wednesday 28 September 2011

Ten weeks + 4

Well isn't this week flying by, I can't believe it's Wednesday already. You will be glad to hear that I was early for my lecture yesterday, 20 minutes early, which made up for me leaving 20 minutes early last week, OK so it doesn't but it shows willing. The module leader wasn't giving the lecture yesterday anyway so he wouldn't have noticed. Now you can imagine that there are many different types of lecturers at Uni, all ages and sexes and all with different lecturing styles. There are some who like the sound of their own voice too much and talk about themselves or tell really bad jokes, there are others who literally read what's on the powerpoint to make you think they know nothing about the subject they are lecturing about. If you are lucky you get one that's witty and engaging, knows their subject and makes it interesting. I am not a lucky person, as we can all gather from my recent history, so it doesn't surprise you to hear that my lecturer last night was of the bore you to death variety. I mean I'm really surprised there hasn't been a death at the University reported on the local news. I have evidence as well, as when I am taking notes I write things in the margin, like the time, and the time 3 minutes later, and the fact that I am bored. If you look at my notes from last night, and there are nine pages of them, they really do tell a story, especially when I wrote about the fact he was still waffling on after 7 when he should have already finished, and me being very unforgiving as he arrived 10 minutes late for the lecture. There is something that I could learn from him though, how to take a perfectly interesting subject (the causes of the American Civil War) and turn it into a deadly weapon. 

So about my timetable, well I don't want to jinx it or anything, but it does appear to be working much better this week. I was early to Uni yesterday, but still went to Malarky on the way, OK it was like a drive by, but I went. I also took Ned to the woods (as per the timetable), so it's going really well. Trouble is I find these things unnerving when they actually work out, I'm so used to things going wrong that when they don't it doesn't feel right. I guess there really is no pleasing some people. I have Uni at lunch time today, and am planning on taking sandwiches so I can eat lunch with Malarky on my way back home. It is supposed to be another beautiful day so I think a picnic in my field would be a great way to spend some time. I do need to pick up some food for Malarky though, as he will steal my sandwiches if I don't. 

It's all go on the school front at the moment, Will came home talking about some 16+ day, which is when the kids get to talk to people about what they are going to do when they leave school. He said he wants to talk to the local college about doing A levels (phew), but apart from that he wasn't sure, well it's a good place to start. Tomorrow evening I have a parents evening for Xander, which I am really looking forward to, I wonder what his teacher (Mrs Mason) is going to say to me. I have my suspicions that he's been after the sympathy vote and played up how ill I've been and how much he has to help me around the house, so she'll be surprised to see me looking far from deaths door. We also have an open evening to go to for Xander at Summerhill next week, we ought to go and look around the other local secondary school as well, but he doesn't want to go there so I'm not sure there is any point. It's a bit frustrating but he can't get into Summerhill on the sibling rule, as Will will have left by the time Xander actually starts, so we will just have to wait and see if he gets in like everybody else.

Well I had better get off as, guess what,  I have washing to hang out!

No comments:

Post a Comment